tdi 110 turbo

TRiiCKY

Oct 12, 2015
hello all im new to this forum and looking for some information on my turbo.

i have a mk1 leon tdi 110 which i bought earlier this year, so far iv remapped it myself using a blacksmoke remap file and have removed the exhaust back box which made a big improvement and i was going to leave it at that because i dont want to throw a lot of money at it but iv come across another turbo.

to cut a long story short i was asked to replace a turbo on an audi a4 which was misdiagnosed and turned out to be a fuel problem, so im now in possession of a perfectly working turbo.
the number i have on the turbo is GT1749VA.

basically i just wanted to know if it is worth fitting it to my engine, what sort of gains i will get if any and what work is involved in fitting it, mods etc. also if it will bolt onto my existing manifold as i only have the turbo? i believe my engine is AHF.

Any help is much appreciated

Tricky

F2 Ed

now has VAG com
Nov 5, 2006
www.superlite-wheels.com
That's the PD130 turbo. I've got the GT1749VB off the PD150

Bigger turbo won't give you more power. It needs more fuel first. Get some bigger injectors in, then the VA turbo and map to suit. Then a stronger clutch lol

It fits almost direct swap, but the outlet is different so a different hose is needed

TRiiCKY

Oct 12, 2015
Thanks Ed, sounds like a plan, how much bhp will that get me?

correct me if im wrong but i read somewhere (cant remember where) that i can use .215 injector nozzles from a transporter 2.5 tdi. are these my best option or would you recommend something else?

also when you said its a direct swap does that mean it will fit straight onto my existing manifold or will i need the pd130 manifold?

sounds quite straight forward though i might go ahead with it if i can get some decent tprque out of it, at 170k miles the engine is only just breaking in lol

F2 Ed

now has VAG com
Nov 5, 2006
www.superlite-wheels.com
I've got the .216 injectors from the AXG transporter van. It's not a big step up from the .205 standard nozzles. I wish i'd gone for bigger ones now. Darkside sell a range of nozzles

The manifold and turbo all come as one so it's unbolt the whole thing.

Mine goes on the rollers tomorrow so i'll update with power numbers

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise