Seat Leon Mk1 Cupra R - Tuning help - what to buy next?

MAAG - Kristian

Oct 7, 2015
Denmark
Hi Guys!

- This is my first thread, so i hope it isn't misplaced, and that you all can understand, since im danish!

- I have my Seat Leon Mk1 Cupra R 225hp(BAM), where i want to upgrade/swap some parts out. So far i have made the following:

- Milltek Downpipe & De-cat
- Milltek Catback - Non resornated
- Turbosmart E82 - n75 valve (Keeps the boost peak at 1.7)
- GFB blow off valve
- Fredslund software (A very good danish software)
- Launchcontrol software (activated by clutch pedal)
- Pilot intake airfilter

I really want to upgrade something more, i have searched for a better intake airfilter, and i've only found the Neuspeed intake kit and a CDA carbon fiber filter.

What would you upgrade/change? Im running out of ideas slowly, and all that comes to my mind is that Forge Chargepipe, But does it have any effect or just show?

And ofc i want to change those boost hoses to black silicone hoses, but thats later :)

I need your opinion on what would you upgrade next? Hit me with your best shot! :)

Have a great one!

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
Hi there. I would change your tip to a oversized version. Badger 5 do them. He is a sponsor on here. I have got one and it made a noticeable difference in mid range torque. Also think bout a fmic. Maybe short shift linkages for your gearbox. Made a nice difference to my gear Change.;)

MAAG - Kristian

Oct 7, 2015
Denmark
Hi there. I would change your tip to a oversized version. Badger 5 do them. He is a sponsor on here. I have got one and it made a noticeable difference in mid range torque. Also think bout a fmic. Maybe short shift linkages for your gearbox. Made a nice difference to my gear Change.;)

What do you mean by "tip"? :) The intake hose or?

Fmic thanks! I haven't even thought about that! That should make a big difference instead of these twin smic's? :)

Thanks for your reply!

MAAG - Kristian

Oct 7, 2015
Denmark
Thanks a lot! :)

But do they fit LHD? And what kind of mods do i need to make before this fits?

Just wondering since, the site says (may fit LHD also with some mods)?

And is it embarrassing to ask what the "ESP" is?

Thanks! :)

L16YDW

Big Beefy Boy
Dec 1, 2014
Norfolk
ESP is Electronic Stability Control. If you have is you will have an ESP button to turn it off.

Don't know about LHD fitment, email Bill I'm sure he will have your answers!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
some folks manage to fit the v3 into lhd but the brake pipes from master cylinder will push into the side of the tip..

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
those who have fitted them bend the pipes away slightly I believe so they dont push in so hard..
I have'nt seen it first hand so cant be any more specific I'm afraid.

st200john

Apr 19, 2015
Forget about the forge charge pipe , I've just fitted a "trackslag" charge pipe, bigger and smoother bends than the forge and does away with the red elbow pipe on turbo.

I'd recommend a good quality intercooler I've got a Pro Alloy intercooler, can't recommend it enough, made a massive difference, as said a Oversize TIP and a badger5 Induction Kit will make a huge difference combined .

MAAG - Kristian

Oct 7, 2015
Denmark
running high boost.. what are you doing about the cooling?

launch control... really? guess this depends on what you want from the car.

would tuning just be about engine and power?
what about suspension? ARBs..

Suspension: Bilstein B12
Dog bone mount: ECS Tuning

1.7 is Peak boost, and should be around 1.6-1.8

LC - Yes? It's pretty awesome

MAAG - Kristian

Oct 7, 2015
Denmark
Forget about the forge charge pipe , I've just fitted a "trackslag" charge pipe, bigger and smoother bends than the forge and does away with the red elbow pipe on turbo.

I'd recommend a good quality intercooler I've got a Pro Alloy intercooler, can't recommend it enough, made a massive difference, as said a Oversize TIP and a badger5 Induction Kit will make a huge difference combined .

Thanks alot!! :) Will try that! Did you get a IC kit or?

My thoughts so far is:

Airtec intercooler
Badger5 Induction kit

Hope that will do for now :)

st200john

Apr 19, 2015
Lag depends on the intercooler , a poor quality intercooler isn't worth fitting imo, heat soaks quickly and won't recover as quick, I'm sure the pressure drop would be greater too, although that depends on size and design.

I fitted a FMIC to my LCR, didn't notice any extra lag

eddie_cupra

Mar 12, 2015
Berkshire
is the induction kit better than just a performance panel filter? Always thought they'd just suck in hot air and were more for show than go. Happy to be told otherwise though..

MAAG - Kristian

Oct 7, 2015
Denmark
std rods in yours?
do you have vcds to log anything in engine?

Yeah sadly just stock.. Thats why im a little worried about how much it can be pushed :)

Don't know to be honest, is it something i should have installed or how does it work?

It's not everything i understand directly, when im Danish, sorry :)

st200john

Apr 19, 2015
A proper heatshield with open cone filter is worth while, won't suck in hot air, bill/badger 5 sells a TIP and induction kit package that I have on mine.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.