Leon cupra r 2005

hoops

Jan 17, 2007
oxfordshire
Hi guys.

Well after nearly 8 years of owning a ibiza cupra i finaly got round to purchasing a leon cupra r :) i have had it just over week now and have a few questions if any one can help me out.

1) Any way of telling if the cars had a remap? The chap i brought it off asured me it hasnt but it goes realy well to the point im thinking its been done?

2) this is the od one. I was driving home from work yesterday and notised in the rear view mirrior it was a little smokey when i was on boost! Soon as i let off it cleared so automaticly thought i have a turbo issue! Tho went back out this morning and kept a close eye on it and turns out that the rear window is misting up?! So on boost it misted up and soon as i let off it cleared. Like when you breath on a window? Is the common?? If it was smoke im sure i would have other issues? Oil leavel is perfect and no signs of poor running, rear back box is a little oily.

Cars has a full history and covered 77k

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
The mist on the rear windscreen is normal, I get it all the time. In terms of mapping, if you are on Android download the torque app and buy an OBD Bluetooth adaptor. Log the maf value, for standard car it should be around 180g/s. Mapped car will read 200+.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hoops

Jan 17, 2007
oxfordshire
Thanks for the reply dave thats helpfull about the maf value as i have a friend with vag com. As for the window misting up on boost is a strange one must pull the hot air from the exhaust up the rear window and that creats it to mist. Strange..

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
Yeah I think it's just the aerodynamics of the car that causes it, it's worse on cold days

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.