LCR needs a refresh-opinions please on map and rods

Proff_86

Jan 27, 2010
West Midlands
Lately looked at selling my LCR but instead decided to refresh it a bit.

Looking at a Stage 1 map, but worried about rods and clutch (currently at 85000 miles) should I be or is it a lottery??? (more worried about rods to be honest)

I think the interior is the most dated now on the Leon so I want to fit a Mk1 S3 interior once I've found one, is this a straight fit? I thought about it add there doesn't seem to be any reason why not...

Any opinions on the above or suggestions on how to bring the car up to date are welcomed..

cheers

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
The seats should 'fit' but you may find the airbag plugs and wires different.

The airbag wires will need the old plug soldering onto the S3 seats.

Remap wise, probably have a chat with local tuning garage about the worries and any strain it may have on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irf

Feb 5, 2014
I could be completely wrong but afaik it's torque that bends rods. High boost at low revs is I think a bit of a rod bender so you need someone that knows these cars to do the mapping. Regardless of where I lived there are only two people I'd let my car be mapped by and that is either badger5 or rtech. I went stage 2 with badger but would have happily gone to rtech as well.

The map on the car is nice and smooth building boost with revs and is just how I wanted it. Some like the lots of boost at low revs but you'll miss out on a good top end (relatively).

The cars just done 100k, 10 laps of the nurburgring and a day at castle Combe with hopefully many more in the future. If I ever go beyond a stage 2 I'll think of getting rods but otherwise I think I'm good.

Proff_86

Jan 27, 2010
West Midlands
Thanks for the replies guys

Yeah heard good things about those 2 companies, ive got midland vw up the road from me who are a revo dealer but heard mixed things about revo maps and boost spikes.

The seats sound easy enough will keep an eye out on the bay now then

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
AMD Tuning are always worth a look at if you're in this part (Essex) of the country wanting work done.

Proff_86

Jan 27, 2010
West Midlands
Bit far away from me mate unfortunately. I think the nearest place to me is P-Torque and Midland VW (revo dealer).

Im interested to here people thoughts on Revo as I use Midland VW alot (Revo dealer), they have a dyno, and it seems like the easiest route.

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
Yeah thought it might have been a trek

I've never heard anything terrible about REVO maps, it comes down to the garage who install it and how you trust them.

rob929

Dec 27, 2012
plymouth
I got a stage 2 revo map with linear throttle. Had it for about 2 years. Running standard rods. The map aint to aggressive and i am happy with it. Nothing wrong with revo bud.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
the issue where there are issues are the variance of cars, now they're old with miles on, and assorted health and mods etc etc etc is One Generic map, regardless of who's, is never going to be matched to old used hardware. I see it all the time.. I start with a known map for same car, same mods, and never end up leaving it like it, but having to adjust it to suit the particular car.. They vary that much, especially with the age and miles on them.

pays ya money, takes your choice etc