Clutch Replacement

Russh84

Jul 31, 2014
manchester
Hi Folks been around this Forum over a year now not one to post and natter but keep up to date etc on whats going on.

However my clutch has now blown and I need to replace.

Finally sorted the parts after much searching and back referring here.

Was trying for the single mass set up but as running the BAM Engine at 293 lb/ft found it just over my available budget just now.

My Question is though - Are there any Service Repair manuals out there I can source info on the procedure as My Dad is willing to fit but would like to see what's involved first.

Have looked on line but there is so much out there I am struggling to find exact source and for some reason when I search on here I get a "Script Error Message". Maybe as I don't post anything on here on a regular basis.

Many thanks for any help.:thanks:

Russ

L16YDW

Big Beefy Boy
Dec 1, 2014
Norfolk
I'm sure there are some workshop manuals about, someone will be along I'm sure!

Its a simple job, subframe off gearbox out, decent access on these. 3 hours on the floor.

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
It will probably be very similar to a mk4 golf which there are Haynes manuals available for.

Richard123

Rickys LCR 225
Feb 4, 2013
Ayrshire,Scotland
Hi Russ ,

I replaced my clutch over a year ago with a Sachs oem dmf ,Sachs pressure plate ,Sachs csc and a Sachs carbon kevlar friction plate .

Im shure it was around £400 from techniclutch was advertised for £500 if I remember right but they knocked £100 of if I bought it there end then, so I did. (have heard some bad and good reviews about techniclutch but with Sachs parts I thought it would be fine and it was .

My mechanic fitted it for me for £120 which I thought was not bad,as I couldn't be arsed with the hassle of rolling about on the floor doing it myself.

As stated Im shure its roughly the same layout as mk4 golf , haynes manual should help .

Good Luck!

Burnzybubbles

Jul 8, 2015
I did the clutch on mine just over 3 months ago, can't see the difference between the cupra and cupra R both being 6 speed but subframe stayed in, bit of a nack getting the box out though, the diff is in the way of the subframe so needs pulling over and out then the box comes through the gap at the front by the chassis leg, in the process you need to raise and lower the engine, you could drop subframe but then would need it aligned properly afterward so swings and roundabouts.

As clutches go battery and battery tray out, remove starter, unbolt inner CV's and tie up out the way (can't remember if I took the bottom ball joint out the hub for more manuverability) make sure associated pipe work is clear and the start unbolting the box, not as easy as the 1.2 pinto I did a couple of weeks before but certainly not too difficult, I struggled getting the box off to begin with but got annoyed and just went to town and it just popped off lol! I though it was going to be a bigger refitting but it also just popped straight back on agai, so like said once you have the engine at the right angle and twist the box so the diff clears the subframe, it's nice and easy :)

Russh84

Jul 31, 2014
manchester
Thanks ppl for the replay , been on holiday thanks everyone for the post , help & imfo , order the clutch kit & dmf , from (car parts for less) & got it fitted at local garage in the end , due to the weather not being not the best , everything all sorted , so back on the road happy days
Thanks again
Russ

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise