ESP sensitivity

Hamburgalarr

Oct 15, 2015
Ive only owned the 2006 seat leon 2.0 tfsi for a couple months now but the EAP seems to come on if I put my foot to the floor, no matter the road condition. What could make this system too sensitive?

TI KUFF

May 26, 2015
It must be traction control kicking in when you put your foot to the floor.
Something like this
tcssymbol.jpg

I have a Seat Leon FR and when putting foot to the floor in set off or around 10/15mph the traction ESP flashes in 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear. When ESP is flashing my front tyres basically be skidding.

I personally think it is because there is too much power going through front wheels only.
Also these Leons are extremely light comapared to the Audi and Volkswagen.

Nothing to worry about, it's normal.

Last edited:

lsg60

Mar 31, 2014
What tyres are you running on the front? I have pilot super sports and have no problem putting the power down in the dry.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
The system is sensitive and reacts quickly to any sign of slip for safety reasons. I would also ensure you have only the best tyres, never go cheap! You could also look at uprated rear control arm bushes that give increased caster, so called anti lift kits. They will help keep the front of the car down and thus increase the weight over the front under acceleration.

The other thing is going to be throttle control, especially this time of year. It may take some time to learn how to tame the beast!

TI KUFF

May 26, 2015
What tyres are you running on the front? I have pilot super sports and have no problem putting the power down in the dry.
I have Pirli/Pirelli tyres on my Ibera alloys on front.
My tyres are healthy and have a decent amount of thread on them. Had them put on in May.

Last edited:

Hamburgalarr

Oct 15, 2015
Thanks for the replies peeps. That makes a lot of sense. The tryes are mismatched. The back ones are quite low tread and I probably need to be gmore gentle than foot to the floor. I will be buying a set of 4 Michelin pilot sport I think :)

Hamburgalarr

Oct 15, 2015
Just thought I would post a little update. I figured out the ESP issue. As the garage I bought the car from had put new tyres on they were Armourguard SA802.
Looking at reviews they border on dangerous for skidding and grip. So have oredered a full set of Michelin Cross climate. Will update with driving feel with better tyres!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.