What's this part for (picture)?

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
The jokers that repainted my car have reversed the SEAT badge boot lid opener... It couldn't be used as a handle from below. Can't believe someone is so stupid to do that. Anyway, decided to fix it myself and it was very easy.

While the trim was removed, I did a good look at what's there. Noticed this part attached to the lid. I have temporarily removed it:

75f5da7d9aea8e0204eec87666233553.jpg

What was strange is that there was a black and brown wires having reversed color connectors - black wire with brown connector and brown wire with black connector. This is very suspicious. I am wondering if they have messed it up in the SEAT factory. The polarity seems to be important since it is written on the part and the connectors can be inserted only on the corresponding input. However nothing seems wrong with the car and the electrical systems. Does anyone know what's this part for? I googled it and couldn't find anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
te part is an interferance filter, if you have a clear/good radio reception I would leave it the way it was (why fix it if it aint broken).

CyberGene

Apr 26, 2008
Sofia, Bulgaria
Well, besides the reversed badge problem there was also a poor radio reception. However it turned out the glass window aerial cable was disconnected. I have reconnected it but haven't had the chance to retest radio reception because the car is still on my underground parking where the reception is bad on itself. I will take the car out for a radio test and see if the receptions has been improved with the cable reconnection. If it's still poor, then maybe that antenna amplifier (or interference filter) has also been messed up. I am wondering why the repaint guys have messed with the cables at all...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members