Head light issues

phil739

Mar 5, 2007
leicester
DSC_0331.jpg
[/URL]I have a 07 plate pfl cupra
I have tried the search function but a little confused
Am having issues with my main driving beam it just doesn't seem high enough.
Can someone tell me what lights I have. Also they seem to move up and down side to side ok when I turn them on. Just seem really low on the road
Are these lights standard on my car?
Can I replace the bulbs for better ones? If so which?

Hamburgalarr

Oct 15, 2015
You have xenon headlights they are meant to be really good thats the expensive option. There is a switch by your right knee like this
YrL4ZlB.jpg

Make sure its on 0 as that is 0 tilt down.

Last edited:

phil739

Mar 5, 2007
leicester
No toggle switch. Hmm after trying to search I thought I had projector ones. Lol
If these are the best I would hate to see the worst
Daft question but how do I know if bulbs are upside down?
Is there a better brand bulb to go for and what would I expect to pay? A little worried now as sure I remember when I brought the car the seller said there about 100 quid for the bulbs

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
You have the adaptive xenon lights, a nice option which work perfectly fine if adjusted properly.

You can adjust the overall height via the headlight unit itself. Pop the bonnet and there should be adjusters on the top of the light unit (6 mm allen key). It is sensitive though, adjust in small increments to prevent blinding oncoming traffic. Alternatively, get the height checked/adjusted at any MOT centre.

phil739

Mar 5, 2007
leicester
Ok I did see a star shared screw directly on top of the headlight unit. I will snap a pic tomorrow in the light and post it up so if you don't mind confirming am adjusting the correct thing for me. Will also try and take a pic of the bulb from the back of the unit to see if there are in the correct way.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
I don't think the bulb will be in the wrong way, just sounds like the lights are pointing slightly too low.

DrewCole

Spannering the Cupra
Oct 19, 2015
Braintree, Essex
I've just had to refit lamps in my LC as the previous owner managed to fit the passenger side one in upside down.

Must have been bloody hard to close the securing clips as the tangs were bent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
I've just had to refit lamps in my LC as the previous owner managed to fit the passenger side one in upside down.

Must have been bloody hard to close the securing clips as the tangs were bent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should amend my previous post then to say it would be very difficult and rather obvious if you tried to fit it the wrong way round :cartman:

Matt cla

Jul 9, 2014
Nottingham
I don't have the xenons on my Fr so the bulb upside down issue may not be the case for you. But...on mine the bulbs will go in upside down without you knowing it really. I can't quite remember which way they go as there is a flat part on the metal plate around the bulb which either goes facing up or facing down.
My headlights were shocking but I never really thought anything of it, until I finally got annoyed with how poor they were. So I switched them up and hey presto it was like driving in day light at night!
So worth a try if it applies to xenons

phil739

Mar 5, 2007
leicester
thanks for all the replys so far
i have looked at the lights and found the adjusting bit , i have been trying to adjust them by moving the hole headlight ..lol
so will have a look later tonight now i know the correct place to adjust them
as for checking the bulbs it looks like it they havent got like the large rubber cover its looks like i have to remove half dozen small allen bolts to get to the bulbs. is this correct?

also can someone tell me thne correct sidelight bulbs i need, as the ones in are yellow ish and would like more of a white one

thanks again

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.