Armrest

slartibartfast

Jan 25, 2015
Worcestershire
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two armrests. I want one for my facelift 2012 Leon, and they both look the same to me, but one is a lot cheaper than the other when postage is included, and I want to save money (don't we all), but the seller is saying the cheaper one will not fit my car, as it is only for the pre facelift model up to 2009. Are they right or wrong?

The expensive one that they say will fit my car!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200821376196?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

The cheaper one that they say will not fit my car!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251562965027?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
To be fair they both look the same. the centre consoles are the same I believe for both pre-fl and the fl models (except for the aux socket) personally I'd go for the genuine armrest. Yes it's pricey but looks smart and sits in a comfy position.
These 2 look like they may sit too far back to be comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
I think they both fit in the CD rack at the back, so should both be the same. I looked at these but decided that they would be far too high up to be of any use. They would probably get in the way and be a nuisance. I also remember reading that someone had tried to modify one to fit properly, but I don't recall how successful they were.

I would recommend you spend the extra on the proper armrest as it is the best fit for the car and really comfortable. I think it is worth the extra cash.

Hope that helps.

slartibartfast

Jan 25, 2015
Worcestershire
Thanks for the advice guys, I know the Seat one will look, and probably feel better, but I just can't justify spending all that money on just an armrest!

I have had a quick look at my cd rack compared to a pre facelift, and there are some differences, which may be a problem, unless the cd rack is removed to bolt the armrest mounting in. Does anyone know if the cd rack is permanently removed to mount the armrest?.

I did have an Ibiza for a while with a factory fitted armrest that looked very similar to the aftermarket ones I am looking at on Ebay, and I must say I found it comfortable, and I liked the fact that it could be folded up out of the way if needed. This is another factor that makes my decision difficult.

Aug 1, 2012
Riga, Latvia
Hi, I tried to modify my cheap armrest and it wasnt succesful and comfortable in the end.
Its too high to grab gear knob comfortably. Avoid them

Aug 18, 2015
Edinburgh
Genuine armrest rocks.

Speaking of cd rack at back of center console, has anyone modded that piece of s**t to be more useful (besides as an armrest mount)? I'm thinking cup holder or generic storage space...

slartibartfast

Jan 25, 2015
Worcestershire
I fitted this arm rest to my leon not long ago:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Center-co...hash=item419bf2cba4:m:mV1LRc6RbFw8aQK3tfzdisg

Personally i think its the 2nd best option compared to the genuine if you dont fancy paying £140!

Easy to fit, cup holders are still accessible and it doesn't sit too high like the other cheaper ones.
Nice leather look and feel, also can slide it forward and back to your own preference

That looks like quite a nice armrest, especially considering how much cheaper it is than the genuine one. I am quite temped to splash the cash, but I think I will see if I can persuade someone to buy it for me for Xmas first if possible. :idea:

jmc1976

Jan 8, 2013
wakefield, west yorks
Again genuine one ftw and you won't loose the rear storage, look for a second hand one , I also couldn't justify paying the price of a new one , I bought one from a member on here ,It was less than a year old and in perfect condition

Sent from my Nokia 1020 using Tapatalk