Car wont start.

Will_s87

Apr 22, 2015
staffy-cher
Just tried to change my passenger headlight and failed because I bought the wrong type:(
I got in my car to drive to the shop and it wont start! its cranking ok, but no ignition, All i did was remove and refit the passenger headlight :cry:

Any ideas? I did notice a pipe going to the top of the engine cover was totally rotten.

e2a: will check fuel pump relay tomorrow, hopefully its not raining

Last edited:

Will_s87

Apr 22, 2015
staffy-cher
Good guide, but unfortunately its not the 409 relay, I can feel it clicking in and out. checked at fuel pump, 10.9V when cranking, batt prob a bit low cos I've been trying to start it.
Will try crank pos sensor next.

When I was changing the headlight last night I heard a small release of gas from a hose somewhere, bit like a balloon being deflated.. didnt pay it any attention at the time. ..

Last edited:

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
at 10.9v the car wont start regardless of what you do make sure the battery is fully charged before attempting further diagnostics, While the above is all valid Typically when a fault appears right after working on the vehicle it is something you have done to cause the issue, I would suggest checking all the wiring around that area and see if you have unplugged anything or pulled any cables by mistake I would also disconnect the new head light and return the vehicle to how you had it before the issue just to rule out any variables.

Will_s87

Apr 22, 2015
staffy-cher
Smacked the full pump lid and it turned over straight away. I am a fish.

thanks for the replies, will get a new fuel pump.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.