xenon bulb keeps falling out holder!

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Hi, got a pre facelift with factory xenons but the drivers side seems to keep falling out of the metal teeth thing that clips it into place! Its came out 3 times now! Any ideas what could be causing it!?

Thanks

TI KUFF

May 26, 2015
Try to take the whole headlight out and compare with other headlight. something could be missing.

Or it could be the actual bulb itself thats damaged or faulty fitting.

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Thanks for the replies, it doesn't look damaged I'm debating if it's me because I had struggle to get it in

@kazand I never speed ;)

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
This may sound like a stupid question but it needs to be asked.

You are pushing across the bulb locking lever after fitting the bulb aren't you? This causes the bulb to be locked in place once fitted so if this is done then I don't see how it would then be able to fall out.

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Hi had another look tonight and it seems like it's had a few replacement parts on that side that don't fit properly! The silver box the bulb fits to (is this the ignitior?) is different to my passenger side and has osram stamped to it which leads me to think it's not oem? I can only presume it won't lock into place because it's the wrong part?

I couldn't see a locking pin at all unless this is missing which would explain it!

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
A slight update, I checked on the osram website and confirmed the bulb I have is the right one for my car but it still keeps falling out! I bodged it in with electrical tape but it still came out! I'm running out of ideas and really don't want to know how much a new xenon is :'(

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Haha my girlfriend is blonde, one of her classics was "why have some cars got white number plates and others got yellow!?"

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members