Boost pipe popping off from intercooler pipe to DV any help??!!

bh1kh4

Apr 15, 2015
Derby
Hi got a Leon Cupra it has a samco hose which goes from the DV to the intercooler pipe which comes up from the turbo. It seems to pop off a lot when trying to boost hard guessing due to oil build up. I've put a mikalor clamp on but still manages to slip off any suggestions on how to make it stick on for good?

Ramrod

Oct 25, 2015
Clean it up, try some rubber assembly lubricant? Makes it easier to fit the pipe, and it'll cure with some added adhesion properties...

trecarn.co.uk/p-80-rubber-lubricant.html

F2 Ed

now has VAG com
Nov 5, 2006
www.superlite-wheels.com
I've been getting the same problem on the diesel. Really annoying when you go to overtake someone, then 'pop'
I'm looking for better clamps as jubilee aren't up to the job. Will follows Bill's advice

bh1kh4

Apr 15, 2015
Derby
Mikalor clamps are better than jubilee clamps mine cost £1.80 here the link on ebay. I bought a 34-31mm hose for my samco hose pipe but best to measure it up.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/221623600550 :)

I have cleaned but still to ends up gettin but greasy so my boost hose pops off when you give it some good throttle

LongDave

Apr 25, 2011
Hull
I was forever having problems with hoses blowing off and once they've popped off once it only seemed to make it more prone to coming off. T-bolt clamps from ash hoses have worked a treat, never had one come off. you just need to be careful not to over tighten.

bh1kh4

Apr 15, 2015
Derby
Use hairspray before clamping down does the trick it's on proper good the boost hose on my Leon!