Replaced MAF Sensor but still not right, any ideas?

nog

Sep 18, 2007
Shropshire
Following the emissions warning light coming on, some juddery driving, and a P0101 MAF code I first cleaned the MAF Sensor, then when that didn't work I replaced it.

Still runs no better, same code appearing, and loads of black smoke on acceleration. I can clear the code for a while then it comes back on.

I'm a bit stuck as to what to try next, any ideas please?

Cheers

it's a 56 plate 2.0 TDI 140 PD

NVM

Oct 17, 2010
You need someone to datalog the maf and egr duty cycle as they work hand in hand!

nog

Sep 18, 2007
Shropshire
Thanks for the replies, the problem came to a head today when on the way to the garage the turbo pipe came off with a bang!

New one being fitted tomorrow, hopefully all will be good then, fingers crossed.

samblake92

Oct 4, 2014
plus.google.com
Might help you a bit mate mught but but anyways ive got a 53 plate leon cupra 180 auq mk1 and my car had what sounds like the same problem as yours was very lumpy and juddery to drive, trying to cut out on me at junctions and also had EML on but cant remember the one fault code sorry but the othere was p0101 and after alot of tinkering trying to find the problem it turns out that the crankcase breather pipe had perished and cause the maf to fail aswell ao replaced the breather pipe and maf and was running like a dream again and the helpfull chap in the garage said hed had a few leons in with the same problem. Might help mate might not just thought id give you an idea

nog

Sep 18, 2007
Shropshire
Might help you a bit mate mught but but anyways ive got a 53 plate leon cupra 180 auq mk1 and my car had what sounds like the same problem as yours was very lumpy and juddery to drive, trying to cut out on me at junctions and also had EML on but cant remember the one fault code sorry but the othere was p0101 and after alot of tinkering trying to find the problem it turns out that the crankcase breather pipe had perished and cause the maf to fail aswell ao replaced the breather pipe and maf and was running like a dream again and the helpfull chap in the garage said hed had a few leons in with the same problem. Might help mate might not just thought id give you an idea

Thanks mate, it's in the hands of the pro's now so hopefully the new turbo pipe will be then end of it, but if not I'll show them your post:)

Cheers

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise