Fitting wishbone polybush

James-92

Oct 16, 2015
Had my tyres changed last week and saw that the rear rubber bush on the front passenger wishbone was absolutely shagged. I'd like to replace both sides wish a polybush.. I'm perfectly confident in taking suspension components apart, have done on other cars so i'm basically wondering if it's a job I can do without special tools? Only part im concerned about is putting the new bush properly in its place.. Been quoted 'around £150 for both sides' by a mechanic, mk1 1.8 N/A

Thanks

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
You'd preferably need a press to get the rear wishbone bushes in. Can be done with a vice or home made puller, but it's a bit of a mess around.

L16YDW

Big Beefy Boy
Dec 1, 2014
Norfolk
If you search for poly bushes on ebay you can get a split type bush that can be fitted with just a mallet when greased up with some copper slip. The traditional style polybushes can be fit 'on the floor' but are slightly more awkward.

Gaz7

Jun 13, 2014
Never seen those, nice solution though, go with those if you're doing it yourself. Still have the problem of getting the old bush out. also, absolutely no point in not doing the front wishbone bushes at the same time.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
If you are handy with spanners etc, then just remove the wishbones and get a garage to push out the old bushes and press in the new ones - worked for me and only cost £20 ;)
Just remember to use new bolts as they are stretch bolts

Last edited:

James-92

Oct 16, 2015
Yeah I'll whip them off and take then down the road to get the old ones out and fit a set of those ones L16YDW posted ^^.. They seem fairly good and reasonably priced.
Problem solved thanks for the advice

As so
a066ae177efa7ac99bc90d41843e9b51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise