Help mahor running problem on my cupra.

Adjay

Sep 5, 2011
Donegal,ireland
Hi guys, I'm in serious need of help. Recently the car has started to play up when it's warms up. First it just wouldn't start once it was warmed up and I be cranking over for ages and I could smell the fuel not being burned. So I change fuel pump resistor 109 and 167(I think) and also I fitted a new Bosch cam shaft sensor since the symptoms of a doggy cam sensor seam to be when it's warm. So now its gotten worse. When driving now it suddenly hesitates and then it feels like someone slams on the brakes. And it then slowly but surely cuts out and I have to pull into the hard shoulder. And try and start it again, which takes five minutes. Have had it on vagcom and it is showing no fault codes. Could it be a dieing knock sensor. Help is really appreciated. Car is mapped with joe power remapping too. And has over run mapped in. So was thinking this with a broken knock sensor will be the main issue. Oh Ye is a mk4 Ibiza cupra petrol.

Last edited:

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Without someone having a proper look at it you're pissing in the wind really.
You've already replaced a bunch of **** and it's done nothing.

Adjay

Sep 5, 2011
Donegal,ireland
When your low on fuel. Your light comes on I'm under the impression thats the main part of the tank is nearly enoigh empty but the reserve tank is all that's left. It's this small are that stops the car starving of fuel when you go around corner or bumps. But problem is fuel should flow into it but not flow back into the bigger area. So in my case what was happening was if I was under quarter a tank the reserve area wasent holding the fuel but instead flowing back into the bigger area so when I went over a bump or accelerated hard I'd get air bubbles and it would starve for fuel since it was splushing.

Last edited:

Adjay

Sep 5, 2011
Donegal,ireland
Right update on this. Changed the tank and still have a problem. Vagcom comes up with nothing. With this car I have the evap up front taken out and mapped out but still have the canister in the rear arch of the car. One side is still attached and the other is a open pipe end since its not going to the front anymore. It's as if it's not getting fuel then sudddenly it fires up. I have replace 2 fuel pump relays for new once a new pump and filter. And also replaced throttle body.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise