2007 BMW 3 Series Saloon E90 330D M Sport [DPF DELETE]

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Had some work done over last few weeks.

New Bosch battery fitted and coded, brake fluid change and had the CAT cleaned out and the DPF removed, gutted, re-welded and coded out. For MOT purposes still looks OEM.

Car sounds and moves much better without DPF, even brake fluid change has improved the braking loads. Must of had air locks or moisture in the brake system from when i changed the front calipers to the bigger 335D ones.

Overall, very happy. Next up will be the plug and play uprated Wagner Intercooler i think.

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Still got a emissions error coming up on the idrive and EML on dash......cars driving perfect though.

Seems the error can be linked to the EGR valve, so thought id take it off and clean it anyway.

Bonnet open.............the EGR sits under the engine cover

Cover off.........EGR is located bottom right near the alternator

Removed the jupilee/hose clip, pulled off vac pipe from EGR, released Anti shudder sensor, removed the 4 allen\hex bolts from EGR, release the boost intake pipe and the EGR comes out.

Pretty sooty in the EGR and the inlet.

I seperated the EGR and Anti-shudder valve to make it easier to clean inside. Just needed to remove 3 star bolts. Scrapped off what i could with a flat head screwdriver and some contact cleaner. Got the drimmel out and sanded and polished it a little then flushed it out so it was clean of debris.

Refitted and put all back together.

Started engine and light was still on but may need error resetting or a little drive might clear the error. Will post an update if it goes out. Either way cant hurt to give the EGR a clean. Tempted to get a EGR delete kit and code the EGR out all together.

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
There is something you can do to clean the dpf on these I believe John, something like staying over 3k for 15 mins I think. It starts a cleaning cycle?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
There is something you can do to clean the dpf on these I believe John, something like staying over 3k for 15 mins I think. It starts a cleaning cycle?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

hey long time no speak Josh, hows it going ?

DPF not a problem anymore...............its gone and is a beast without it :D

Jonny226

Nov 15, 2015
Next up will be the plug and play uprated Wagner Intercooler i think.

Hi mate.

Love what you've done to the car. I've been reading this thread with great interest. I own an 2006 330d and I've been following you progress and gained some insight into the possibilities and potential of my own 330d.

I've been looking at the Wagner intercooler also.

Can't wait to see how you get on with it.

Cheers,

Jonny

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
cobra seats are for sale if anyone is interested. ive placed an ad in the parts for sale section. just waiting for it to be approved.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.