Xenon headlight upgrade

TI KUFF

May 26, 2015
I am planning on buying some Xenon headlights for my 2011 Seat Leon 1.6 EcoMotive.

But before I buy them, will I need to change the headlight wiring on my Leon. My leon has the standard headlights.

I want to fit them on without changing my standard wiring and without having a error on my dash.

Has anybody upgraded from Standard headlights to Xenon headlights.

please let me know

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I am planning on buying some Xenon headlights for my 2011 Seat Leon 1.6 EcoMotive.

But before I buy them, will I need to change the headlight wiring on my Leon. My leon has the standard headlights.

I want to fit them on without changing my standard wiring and without having a error on my dash.

Has anybody upgraded from Standard headlights to Xenon headlights.

please let me know

I think someone on here has done it, but I don't think its easy. To fit the bi xenons the wiring would need to be altered, there is also the xenon levelling unit to fit. This requires a sensor on the back axle. You will need to get them coded in with VAG com. There is also the question of headlight washers, although the law may have changed in that area.

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
I think someone on here has done it, but I don't think its easy. To fit the bi xenons the wiring would need to be altered, there is also the xenon levelling unit to fit. This requires a sensor on the back axle. You will need to get them coded in with VAG com. There is also the question of headlight washers, although the law may have changed in that area.

The way the MOT's work is that if it has the levelling kit or washers fitted then they must work....if not fitted then no reason the mot should fail (same as having a spare wheel in the boot....not legal to have one for the mot but if you do it must be legal).

Any, as for the original question! It can be done however it's very hard. You need to get the adapted harness which has the additional cable. This cable needs to be fed to the CCEM however need to make sue you have the correct CCEM....if not it won't work. You also need to get them coded in with VAG Com to make them work correctly.

Hope this helps!

Jul 13, 2009
Hereford
The wiring is easy you need to change your ten pin plug to the 14 pin plug and some simple wiring but you do need the washers and levelling to pass mot

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
The way the MOT's work is that if it has the levelling kit or washers fitted then they must work....if not fitted then no reason the mot should fail (same as having a spare wheel in the boot....not legal to have one for the mot but if you do it must be legal).

Any, as for the original question! It can be done however it's very hard. You need to get the adapted harness which has the additional cable. This cable needs to be fed to the CCEM however need to make sue you have the correct CCEM....if not it won't work. You also need to get them coded in with VAG Com to make them work correctly.

Hope this helps!

I knew the law had changed with regard to h/washers but not levelling. Aside from the legality bit, wouldn't the car keep throwing up errors if you fitted and coded in xenon's, but then no levelling signals were received? Or can they be coded out too?

Jul 13, 2009
Hereford
No on my first fr I fitted xenon's without level and washers as you wire the level motors to the wiring there they just work with the control on the headlight switch, and you need to code the car to sa the it has xenon or they will flash all the time, and mine was I pre face lift so I wired the flap to the high beam wire

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
I knew the law had changed with regard to h/washers but not levelling. Aside from the legality bit, wouldn't the car keep throwing up errors if you fitted and coded in xenon's, but then no levelling signals were received? Or can they be coded out too?

All you need to do is set up the high beam solenoid...nothing about the levelling required.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.