Fr 170 vs fabia vrs

Petecog79

May 11, 2012
Which is the faster car, I have the leon fr cr 170 my mate has a fabia vrs, both standard, was behind him last night and it looked quite fast, im hoping my leon is quicker!!!!!

NickCupraR

NickIbiza
Mar 2, 2009
Chichester Portsmouth Area
I know the Leon is quicker than an Octavia but probably a little heavier than a fabia. I would say it comes down to the driver ultimately for corners but straight line speed pretty even.

As welby said, race him!!

NickCupraR

NickIbiza
Mar 2, 2009
Chichester Portsmouth Area
Actually just realised the VRS is 1.4tsi petrol???????

He would have you straight line easily 180 petrol - 170 derv race him 30-70 and i think you would have him through those speeds. Quick map tho and you would have him and better fuel economy

TonyFSC

Jun 20, 2015
Fabia is way faster, especially in 'S', it's insane. The Leon is a better tourer and in FR SC has better suspension.
In 'D' the Fabia gives better fuel consumption and still better performance than the Leon.
Tony

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
If it is a mk2 Vrs, the 1.4tsi one, then it will be much quicker I'm afraid. The combination of DSG and the supercharged and turbocharged little engine is deeply impressive. Add to that the lighter weight of the Fabia and they are rapid little motors. Both of my brother in laws have had one and they are very quick.

However, whilst quick, they are a little sterile. Probably the gearbox that does it.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Haha I only just realised how old the first post was, major thread resurrection! A remapped FR would probably match up nicely to a Vrs

Petecog79

May 11, 2012
My standard fr was a bit faster than a vrs . Now a vrs is easy pickings especially since my egt resistor mod has got rid of flat spot

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Fuel consumption is too good either, personally do t think they that quick and a mapped FR will defo have them

But then a mapped Vrs would have the mapped FR. Apples and oranges and all that. I didn't think the fuel consumption was that bad, I know on a long drive mid 40's is realistic. That is over 10mpg more than I can get haha!

Despite all the performance, I wouldn't buy a 1.4tsi for the reliability issues, the lack of character and the lack of manual gearbox. The new 1.8tsi Ibiza Cupra / Polo Gti on the other hand... Could be tempted....

Jonwm

New to the MK2...
Jun 22, 2009
Tamworth
My standard fr was a bit faster than a vrs . Now a vrs is easy pickings especially since my egt resistor mod has got rid of flat spot

After a few years on the forums and various clubs, I'm now of the conclusion anyone with an FR 170 seem to think it's the fastest car ever made.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.