Jarre's 1.2TSi Leon

Rob

Nov 19, 2015
Sorry for bringing up an old thread but can i ask how the engine has been and what mileage it has got? Im getting cold feet about a 20,000 mile 1.2 tsi im ment to be paying for after the weekend. From some things im reading it looks a nightmare of an engine. Just some reasurance would be nice, cheers!

Rob

Nov 19, 2015
Wow what happened after it was recovered to a garage? Think i may just loose my 200 quid deposit on this car and cut my losses. I might just get a 1.6 tai instead as thats just madness after 21k!!

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I got mine at like 9k miles I think, sold it on 38k ish.

I had the car go in limp mode and it turned out to be an injector failure. Took around 4 weeks and 3 dealers before it was fixed. Was done under warranty though.

I had the car mapped to 130bhp and i did drive it quite hard, after a thrashing on the rolling road at awesome gti the tappets started making a noise and it did that quite often from cold thereafter. I sold it not much later for a leon cr170 fr as I did a lot of miles.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ben-ibizaFR

Sep 23, 2012
Preston
Sorry for bringing up an old thread but can i ask how the engine has been and what mileage it has got? Im getting cold feet about a 20,000 mile 1.2 tsi im ment to be paying for after the weekend. From some things im reading it looks a nightmare of an engine. Just some reasurance would be nice, cheers!

My experience is good. I've put 40,000 miles on my 1.2tsi. Only problem I can report was when the gate that controls the turbo valve failed. Fault when away on its own but the garage checked it out. It was in the lakes so was minus 2 and very wet so think the cold weather had a big part to play. One garage was great and sorted out a diagnostics. My garage was a bit of a pain to get them to sort it. Other than that no problems. Do about 76 miles a day to work and sometimes on for 3hrs a day. (Stupid traffic) got my recommendations but of course you will get good and bad reviews. See the service history ?

Rob

Nov 19, 2015
That sounds a bit more promising, I have seen a couple now with over 100,000 miles but their isn't many and most are low mileage. What year is your car? Mines the 2011 so I think that's the early 1.2 tsi? I'm buying it from seat and it has a full seat service history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.