Wind Deflectors 5DR

DavidSanderson

Nov 17, 2015
Northumberland
Hi,

Has anyone else got wind deflectors on there Leon 5DR?

I can't seem to fit the clips supplied as there doesn't seem to be enough room within the window channel?

This is no big deal, however the only thing I am worried about it the tops of the windows getting scratched. Has anyone else managed to fit the clips?

Dave

Omodhos

May 29, 2015
Sheffield
Put the clips where you want them,then press them home with a screwdriver or a blunt tool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Omodhos

May 29, 2015
Sheffield
Yes mine fitted, they are tight fit in the window channel between the channel and the deflector

Deleted member 98136

It's a must to have the clips fitted in the rear ones especially, had some on a previous car which I didn't fit, I was driving along one day and by accident I lowered a rear window and it just was gone.
Front ones hold in fairly well due to their shape.

DavidSanderson

Nov 17, 2015
Northumberland
Same clips,no problems with windows. They are quite strong

Cheers for the help mate managed to squeeze the clips in tonight, they are slightly visable if you shine a light through the deflector but they are held in much better!

It's a must to have the clips fitted in the rear ones especially, had some on a previous car which I didn't fit, I was driving along one day and by accident I lowered a rear window and it just was gone.
Front ones hold in fairly well due to their shape.

Yes mate, they hold a lot better now. Was just curious as I didn't want to damage the window rubbers.

What make are we talking about here Chaps?

Team Heko mate, they look great and add a bit of a 'sportier' look to the car!

Last edited:

DavidSanderson

Nov 17, 2015
Northumberland
Just another quick one!

Has anyone noticed an increase in wind noise inside the cabin with the wind deflectors fitted when the windows are up? Just curious, thought it was louder tonight but then again it was slightly windy outside!

Or am I just being pedantic! My OCD goes crazy when I get these things in my head! :bounce:

DavidSanderson

Nov 17, 2015
Northumberland
Buying a new car has done me more harm than good! :rofl:

Afraid to park it anywhere and constantly thinking about things that could potentially go wrong! I got out today with my work shoes on and caught the sill with my shoe! Needless to say the polish got whipped out on my dinner break! :funk:

Honestly, you couldn't make it up!

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
On my SC I couldn't fit them ad the top of the windscreen, so I used the channel next to the pillar instead and they work fine

Houghsx

Aug 11, 2015
Buying a new car has done me more harm than good! :rofl:

Afraid to park it anywhere and constantly thinking about things that could potentially go wrong! I got out today with my work shoes on and caught the sill with my shoe! Needless to say the polish got whipped out on my dinner break! :funk:

Honestly, you couldn't make it up!

I live in fear of the dreaded CARPARKS!!!!!
I can part a mile away from the shop, with loads of empty spaces. I can almost guarantee somebody will be next to me when I'm finished. I've also seen people trying to park as close as they can to the entrance, in the mean time I have parked up and walked from the other side of the car park and still get in there before them.

RP95FR

Jan 17, 2014
Just another quick one!

Has anyone noticed an increase in wind noise inside the cabin with the wind deflectors fitted when the windows are up? Just curious, thought it was louder tonight but then again it was slightly windy outside!

Or am I just being pedantic! My OCD goes crazy when I get these things in my head! :bounce:
I thought I noticed more wind noise since fitting the wind deflectors but it could just be me...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
I live in fear of the dreaded CARPARKS!!!!!
I can part a mile away from the shop, with loads of empty spaces. I can almost guarantee somebody will be next to me when I'm finished. I've also seen people trying to park as close as they can to the entrance, in the mean time I have parked up and walked from the other side of the car park and still get in there before them.

That's what I do too! I'll also look out for any spaces at the end, so I only have one side of my car at the potential mercy of somebody who doesn't care!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.