RDS' Leon Cupra R

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Very nice mate :)
Have you got enough room to put a 10mm spacer on the front to give you more clearance on the callipers ?

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Possibly a 5mm but I think a 10mm on the front would be too much. Think the rear needs 5s just for stance reasons.

Had it out for a couple of hours today and had no issues so hopefully all will be ok

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Got out for a run today, I'm more than happy with the new wheels and tyres, it's also the first proper run out with the DS2500 pads, the decat and having an EGT sensor back. Nothing untoward to report (except a slightly dislodged under tray) just plenty of smiles per gallon :D remap next please! It's time to see what this hybrid k04 is capable of.

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Finally an update worth mentioning.
After about a year of pain trying to get things sorted on this and it never really running properly on the hybrid turbo at the start of September it was given some fresh oil and plugs and sent off to Big Fish Tuning to work his magic. And magic is exactly what was worked:

So on the Beach Buggy Turbo K418T it is now running 366bhp 361ft/lb of torque and I couldn't be happier with it. You can see from the graph its all in the mid range which makes it all very useable but when you go to the redline and dip the clutch it gives a very satisfying pop which makes it all the more worthwhile to go up there before changing. It's literally at the edge of traction, you get a squirm from the front end as it tries to get the power down and when it's down, it goes! it's strong on boost and due to the way it's mapped it's just useable everywhere, whilst still being civilised at 30mph although it doesn't take much for it to take off. For a FWD car, I think it's pretty much at the point of adding anymore power/torque and it'll be useless, just lost in wheel spin.

I've got to say the car is totally transformed and the love is back big time for this now, everything on it now seems to just work together so well. I'm even thinking about what to do next but for now whilst I'm studying it's just going to get driven :love:

I can't recommend big fish tuning more!

rossi46

Jan 1, 2011
Kent
I say it over and over mate this is one car that I am very envious of and it truly is an inspiration to my own build. It's exactly what these cars are supposed to be, purposeful and used as such. Hats off to you Richard she does you proud.

Stage 2 mk1 LCR 291bhp AmD tuned.

LongDave

Apr 25, 2011
Hull
Love this, If I'd seen it before buying the Garrett it could easily have swayed me to a hybrid!

How did you do the centre grill to remove the plates and would you recommend the Devils own kit??

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Here's a marmite update for everyone. Ronals needed refurbished after going through the gravel at croft so decided to put some winter tyres on and get them sorted. So here they are, winter mode has been activated, I give you my purple ronnies: :lol::lol:

I think we can all agree they'll brighten up my winter! Haha

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Good to catch up on your thread mate, the results from BFT are mega, the car sounds an absolute beast to drive. Glad you're happy with the results.

Those wheels are certainly going to liven up the winter haha.

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Howdy t0m, it's not often we chat on here anymore. I'm definitely enjoying the car again and trying to stop myself ploughing more money into it (brakes and seats). John at BFT has dones such a mega job on the car.
It's actually going back next week. I received a text from him saying he now has launch control working on my software and offered it free of charge. Whether I use it or not is another thing but I'm never one to turn down a freebie ;)
I'm hoping to get some rolling shots of it at some point to.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.