Anyone know how to remove the door lock mechanism/module?

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
I have recently had the intermittent door lock problem on the front passenger door where I unlock with the button but cannot open the door from the outside, only from the interior handle. Cannot hear the motor unlocking the front door.

I have got hold of the part required to solve this issue as suggested by another member but looking at guides and ElsaWin I cannot figure out how this mechanism comes off the door?

Anyone have any tips please suggest as I will be carrying this out when I replace my door mirror.

Thanks

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Might be worth sourcing a control module too as the fault is usually a missing signal from the control unit not activating the door catch.

To remove the door card you need to pull the speaker cover, door handle cover and material covered part of the door. Then the speaker and bolts along with the two window holding clamps. The glass can stay in place at the top of the door.
There are about 8 bolts that hold the card on, the two in the bottom of the card are also attached to the reg and don't have to be completely removed.

Once everything has been removed the door card slides upward to reveal the doors innards.

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Another member had the same fault so hopefully this should sort it. The following showed on a VAGCOM scan:

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass. Labels: 1K0-959-702-MAX3.lbl
Part No SW: 1T0 959 702 G HW: 1K0 959 792 M
Component: J387 TUER-SG BT 1124
Revision: 11006001 Serial number: 00000011968707
Coding: 0000688
Shop #: WSC 06441 785 00200
VCID: 3C7C839A7F70863

2 Faults Found
01553 - Motor for Central Locking; Passenger Door (V57); Lock
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00101100
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 107
Mileage: 141068 km
Time Indication: 0

00929 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221)
008 - Implausible Signal
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101000
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 5
Reset counter: 67
Mileage: 141068 km
Time Indication: 0

I got the door card off and to the internals but getting the door catch and mechanism out, I could not figure out from the guides. Is it just the couple bolts on the door shut?

Last edited:

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
You need to remove the rubber bung on the edge of the door, that'll reveal a torx, turn the torx until the handle jams then remove the blank where the lock would be, flick the cable out of the handle - job done!

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
I will give that a go on the weekend when I get the mechanism delivered. Hopefully should be as easy as you have said. The method you stated above should release this mechanism??:

f2c1.jpg

Last edited:

Wimbledonian

Aug 31, 2010
milling around
I just had similar problem on the Altea fixed by swapping out the driver's door lock. Garage did it though so I cant say how, but it took a couple of hours.

Sent from my RM-825_eu_euro1_310 using Board Express

Last edited:

FUEGO

Hi guys,

I have a leon 1P 2008 model and the drivers door lock needs to be replaced. Do you know the exact part number? Is it the same part number for the leon 1M?

Thanks in advance:)

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
Hi guys,

I have a leon 1P 2008 model and the drivers door lock needs to be replaced. Do you know the exact part number? Is it the same part number for the leon 1M?

Thanks in advance:)

1P2837016 is the one you want - £44 off ebay and worked brilliantly.

Use the door panel removal guide on here. There is a bit of plastic that connects the panel to the locking mechanism, you can break the little black bit that slides into the locking mechanism.

Took me 3 hours - thats from never having removed the door panel before and having to borrow a special bit to unscrew the locking mechanism.

manji

Sep 19, 2010
Portugal
Hi,

I'm having a similar problem.

Do you guys know if 1P2837016 and 1P2837016B are similar?
Or a pre-facelift/facelift version?

Thanks!

Andy ap

Mar 23, 2010
Antrim
Sorry to dig up an old thread but mines started doing this too the passenger front door can't be opened from the outside but can from the inside.

I've tried the repeat lock/unlock attempt i've sprayed some silicone grease in it and under the rubber 'lock' bung just above it but to no avail.

When i hit the unlock with my ear next to the door i can hear the motor or servo doing something and the clunk as if it's unlocking but nothing happens it's as if the exterior door handle is bust?

Andy ap

Mar 23, 2010
Antrim
You will need to take off the door card to investigate which part is at fault and then work out what you will need

Yep think so, i was beginning to think a linkage (cable?) between the handle and the locking mechanism had snapped so i tried the turn key in lock thing for three seconds either way to see what happens (drops the windows one way and folds the mirrors the other way) and it seems to of disabled the anti hijack feature which i wanted rid of anyway so happy there.

Anyway unlocked the door from the inside to let the wife in went round to her door and hey presto her door opened! Then tried unlocking it again after getting back to the car from a trip to halfrauds after picking up a dash cam and again it opened fine.

So the lock and handle must be working but probably the control module is at fault then. Is there a reset thing i can do or do i have to get hold of vag-com in the meantime? :shrug:

Cheers.

wclark1238

Feb 1, 2011
Wigan
Forget VAGCOM on this pain in the ass door lock issue. Unfortunately it seems to be an inherent problem with these and randomly strikes.

Mine started on left-rear door ages ago. We rarely carry anyone in rear so it was not a big issue but when I got some time out of work recently I decided to fix it. First off I got the wrong part - :cry: - I ordered the right number but with a B suffix. Seems that the B suffix pertains to a different model with a different type of central locking. Anyway, back to Ebay and I got the right part and fitted it. All good!

3 weeks later....right-front door with same problem. Ebay again to get part and fixed it.

2 weeks later....left-rear gone bad again. [:@]

I have seen somewhere online a step by step guide to disassemble the lock/module with a view to repairing the electronics issue (dry solder joint) which is usually the root cause. I may soon try to find that again and take my original left-rear module apart and enact a repair.

Seems like a lottery with any second-hand modules as they too may well fail with the same inherent problem at some point.

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
Forget VAGCOM on this pain in the ass door lock issue. Unfortunately it seems to be an inherent problem with these and randomly strikes.

Mine started on left-rear door ages ago. We rarely carry anyone in rear so it was not a big issue but when I got some time out of work recently I decided to fix it. First off I got the wrong part - :cry: - I ordered the right number but with a B suffix. Seems that the B suffix pertains to a different model with a different type of central locking. Anyway, back to Ebay and I got the right part and fitted it. All good!

3 weeks later....right-front door with same problem. Ebay again to get part and fixed it.

2 weeks later....left-rear gone bad again. [:@]

I have seen somewhere online a step by step guide to disassemble the lock/module with a view to repairing the electronics issue (dry solder joint) which is usually the root cause. I may soon try to find that again and take my original left-rear module apart and enact a repair.

Seems like a lottery with any second-hand modules as they too may well fail with the same inherent problem at some point.
Think this may b the guide http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...u-re-having-problems!!!-(&highlight=Door+lock

Farqhuit

Jul 21, 2016
Same "intermittent door lock problem". Not sure how to tell if it's the lock or the control module - my instinct is that it's the module as sometimes it unlocks fine, suggesting that the lock is OK. Presumably every means of locking this door (front passenger, 2006 Leon SE 1.6 petrol) requires the control module, so it's not easy to test which is faulty. Can I actuate the lock cable by hand once the panel is off? This might tell me if the lock is OK.

If I open from the inside, it stays unlocked until I press the lock button, at which point it locks fine. Similar to Andy ap's situation (above), I think, though I physically opened the door fron inside, rather than unlocked, as there is no unlock method (I think). The central locking button does not unlock the door.

The piece about the dry solder joints is interesting. Worth checking for sure.

Any pointers on the above gratefully received, otherwise I'll take the panel off and report back. Cheers all.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.