Knocking after fitting coilovers

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Hi, I fitted some FK coilovers last month and was fine, then decided to wind them down a little more but now when I hit a bump or manhole cover theres a banging from the drivers side footwell. I think that the arb and driveshaft are hitting each other?

Was thinking of buying some adju8stable droplinks but the coilovers came with their own droplinks which I have put on so just wanted to see if anybody else has had this?

Thanks

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Fitted H&R to mine and also get a knocking noise over bumpy roads. Every car i have ever fitted coillies to has done this. Every time i get them checked, there is no issue, so i have learn't to live with it as being one of those trade offs.

L8W FR

Aug 20, 2014
How low are you? Pictures may help this one. There are 2 things i think it could be..

1. It could be your ARB fowling your drive shaft on bumps and causing the knock
2. Your drive shaft could be hitting your chassis rail (notch required) depending on how low you are, I have had to get a notch done due to air ride so the car sits level all round and doesn't sit on the drive shaft.

L8W FR

Aug 20, 2014
I would remove the drivers side wheel and look at your drive shaft, there should be some marking all the way around a part of it where it has been in contact with your ARB, if this is the case, shorter drop links will lift the ARB higher stopping the knocking on bumps.

swordfish103

Oct 8, 2014
Ede, The Netherlands
It might also be the spring itself in the coilover.
When you're driving really low there is no constant tension on the spring. Especially on bumpy roads you'll quickly notice the knocking noise.

But then you shoud've noticed both left and right side.