The scarcity of the Cupra

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
Guess Spain indeed is not a big market for fast petrol Seats. The Spanish factory 1p Cupras (approx. 1 year old) 1p mostly where sold in the Netherlands/Germany.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
saw Monsoon Grey SC this morning in my local Morrisons car park, black one in Milton Keynes Wednesday, also a White ST Cupra on the M25 yesterday, along with a Black FR ST like mine...must be more discerning drivers here:)

Villers

Billy Villain
Apr 12, 2014
Cumbria
www.horizonwatches.com
Think I saw at least 4 today in works car parks, although I wasn't particularly paying attention. The town where we are only has one car dealer in it (guess what Marque lol). It would be interesting to see where the registered cars are spread about but I'd say going off the other posts we would have the largets concentration per capita.

When I was buying my FR the salesman was complaining that he was ordering cupras in so he could drive one for a while but they were being bought before they turned up!

hutchy14

Dec 30, 2013
I live just outside Glasgow and there are another 2 in my town. A monsoon Grey one and a red one. Have seen 2 white ones at meets etc but apart from that no others.

fabiavrs2004

Sep 11, 2015
Bristol
I've got a 1.4 eco two FR and there are only 17 of them, maybe that's why I have never seen another ST petrol. Should have got a Golf and joined the masses

page3

Dec 25, 2015
and then it turned out to just be an FR

Hey, watch it! :p

My wife wouldn't recognise an FR from a Cupra from a Donut so all I wanted to do was point one (any one) out on a motorway trip so she could get an idea of what I wanted. Golf, Golf, A3, Golf, Golf, A3, A3, Skoda thingy (too bland for me to even notice how many Skodas I'd missed). 200 miles later.... and not a single Leon. Hmm.

Last edited:

Matt280

Jan 14, 2015
Well after not seeing another Cupra for about two months, I saw a perfect hat-trick (one SC, 5 door and an ST) in 15 minutes in Bedford on Tuesday morning. All 14 or 64 plates too so not due to a recent increase.

I must have simply been looking in the wrong places!!

JDandCoke

Apr 28, 2015
Colchester
Well after not seeing another Cupra for about two months, I saw a perfect hat-trick (one SC, 5 door and an ST) in 15 minutes in Bedford on Tuesday morning. All 14 or 64 plates too so not due to a recent increase.

I must have simply been looking in the wrong places!!

Well I still haven't seen any on the roads my way. Seen umpteen common as muck Golf R though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Saw a silver one the other day on a 64 plate so older than me. It's the only other one I've seen since ownership in September apart from the dealer demo being ragged about (shockingly they ordered my exact spec apart from winter pack) and they arrived together.

sf04our

Jan 17, 2016
I'm still yet to see another Cupra on the road since ordering mine about 6 weeks ago and I've been looking out for them! I couldn't count how may Golf Rs I've seen in that time

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Still not seen one (barring in the dealers) anywhere in Scotland, since I got mine in July 2014, and only two folk have spotted mine, once of which was when I was parked up and missed his Cupra the other was a FR.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.