Key fob acting weird

Dodsy

Dec 30, 2012
Basically my key fob was working fine, on Sunday I went out, it opened the car then within 15 minutes I stopped, locked the car, now it won't unlock, It's still locking fine though. Would this be the battery or the fob itself? Surely if it's the battery then the fob wouldn't work at all??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
I had this problem on my old Ibiza. Unfortunately didn't resolve it due to trading it in for my current Leon.
Sorry I can't help but hope you manage to figure it out.

Hamburgalarr

Oct 15, 2015
I had this problem on my old Ibiza. Unfortunately didn't resolve it due to trading it in for my current Leon.
Sorry I can't help but hope you manage to figure it out.

Most unhelpful comment of the week award?

Otherwise I have no Idea dude you tried scanning you vehicle?

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Hi Mate

I would try re-syncing the Key fob first (the procedure is in the manual, i am at work so cant check for you, its fairly straightforward and worked for me when i changed a battery last year - i followed the process from a thread on here but i had a quick look (am suppossed to be working lol) and couldnt see it).

If that doesnt work i would change the battery (my guess is that it is the battery even though it sometimes works).

Rob

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
This was a battery issue on my car. So guessing it will be with yours. Just change the battery and hopefully it will be ok. Would not unlock my car and the alarm would end up going off

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.