Esp???

Cupra_Bod

Oct 10, 2014
Hi Guys,

I Have had my Cupra TDi for ages and not heard a peep out of him then suddenly on the A12 the other day the car started to shudder at around 70mph (out of the blue) then this morning at the traffic lights it decided not to let me pull away, loss of revs, hunting and jerking and the ESP light came on

I turned the engine off for a few quick moments then it started fine and pulled away normally, it has done that a couple of times since, does anybody have any ideas??

Thanks in advance...

Cupra_Bod

Oct 10, 2014
I just put my mates diagnostic code reader on the car and it came up with this fault code, does anyone know what this means?

1825-032 KWP2000
Load signal error message from ECU P1857

Any help would be great

Thanks!

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
At a guess i'd say that it means that the code reader couldn't connect to the cars ecu for some reason. Try scanning with a different code reader

Cupra_Bod

Oct 10, 2014
I have googled the codes and although no1 is being specific about what it could be, they all hover over the abs system which sounds expensive to me, 1 person does mention a brake light switch at the foot of the break pedal, does that make any sense to you?

May 21, 2009
My mate had this and it was the vnt turbo

The vanes move so u always can make boost and when they stick it causes the issues you've experienced

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.