Phillips1795

VCDS - How To Guides - MK3 Leon 5F

JekaE

May 29, 2015
guys i`ve tried to do the reverse passenger mirror thing and it didnt work , how ever now the window wont open or close fully , each press will only open/close the window for a little bit , it takes like 10 presses to open or close the window.
I`ve tried to change the settings back but without much luck , i might have chosen some thing wrong in the drop down menu as it was my first time.
Can any one help ?
Leon FR 1.8T 2014 (06) thanks !

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
guys i`ve tried to do the reverse passenger mirror thing and it didnt work , how ever now the window wont open or close fully , each press will only open/close the window for a little bit , it takes like 10 presses to open or close the window.
I`ve tried to change the settings back but without much luck , i might have chosen some thing wrong in the drop down menu as it was my first time.
Can any one help ?
Leon FR 1.8T 2014 (06) thanks !

Try resetting the one shot window.

Push the down button - keep it pressed for 5 secs after the window is fully down
Pull the up button - keep it pulled for 5 secs after the window is up

that should have reset the window.

Last edited:

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
Heh, do not know. Colleague gave me an USB cable which I plug in to the car socket under the steering wheel (LHD), with VCDS 11.11.2 on CD.
He performed update of his Audi Q5, which is older as my Leon MY2015 so it works for him.

Mine 11.11.2 ended withprevious mentioned error message and new version require update of HEX firmware.
But I do not know what is HEX firmware?!?? Is it in the socket of car? Can I update it?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Heh, do not know. Colleague gave me an USB cable which I plug in to the car socket under the steering wheel (LHD), with VCDS 11.11.2 on CD.
He performed update of his Audi Q5, which is older as my Leon MY2015 so it works for him.

Mine 11.11.2 ended withprevious mentioned error message and new version require update of HEX firmware.
But I do not know what is HEX firmware?!?? Is it in the socket of car? Can I update it?

No - it is built in to the genuine cables.
I think the only way to upgrade the hex firmware is to change cables.

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
I did not attemp to update HEX firmware, because I do not want to make any mistake.
But it asked me if I want to update it.

What is HEX firmware??
Can I launch update process or..?

24nka5u.jpg

24l24px.jpg

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I did not attemp to update HEX firmware, because I do not want to make any mistake.
But it asked me if I want to update it.

What is HEX firmware??
Can I launch update process or..?

24nka5u.jpg

24l24px.jpg

I am not sure.

I have an official cable that gets updated automatically and free.

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
What I understand under "HEX Firmware" is firmware in electronics in the cable (hidden in end-plug).
Am I right?

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
I tried to update it as it was offered, but error message appears: Unable to Update...

I need to find VCDS version which already knows Leon ST 5F and is working with HEX firmware 1.92.
Any experience, advise which version VCDS???

Last edited:

JekaE

May 29, 2015
Try resetting the one shot window.

Push the down button - keep it pressed for 5 secs after the window is fully down
Pull the up button - keep it pulled for 5 secs after the window is up

that should have reset the window.

that didnt help.
Any idea`s?

junkerss

Sep 26, 2015
Great subject following

Any one has an idea about changing xds level? Is there any bad effect ?

Last edited:

bigd0205

Nov 15, 2015
I'm used to a mk7 golf and how whenever I came to any complete stop it would apply the brakes until such times as I engage the clutch to move off again where it would release the break... Is it possible to amend the leon to do this via VCDS or is it just a factor of the e-brake on the golf?

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
I'm used to a mk7 golf and how whenever I came to any complete stop it would apply the brakes until such times as I engage the clutch to move off again where it would release the break... Is it possible to amend the leon to do this via VCDS or is it just a factor of the e-brake on the golf?

pretty sure that its only an E brake feature!

Deathjam

Aug 24, 2015
Leeds-ish
Anyone know the codes to enable auto light wipers, i've got the switch and sensor

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.