driveshaft issues :(

mucka88

Nov 14, 2015
Evening all.

Driving my leon cupra and seems to shake and knock while accelerating, jacked it up and worked it out that my inner cv joints am clicking so looking to buy new cv joints.

Looking on ebay i cant seem to find correct ones. As the shafts look different. I will post pics of mine on car plus a ebay pic.

Need to order asap :( horrible to drive

Thanks

mucka88

Nov 14, 2015
Come across some golf/bora inners they look the sam, where the ball joint part is seperate to the casing.

How come they off a golf. Doesnt it matter?

Last edited:

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
The 1.8t golf used the same parts as our cars if thats what you are asking mate. GSF or Eurocarparts should have them in stock.

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
J&R do the whole shaft for about £30 a side. I don't know if you have to renew the bolts and half moon spacers, but they are around 60p and 80p each.

mucka88

Nov 14, 2015
You hear bad revies on j&r though and know its not alot of cash id rather not waste my time if they end up being rubbish

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
I used them as I read good reviews, a few people on this forum had fitted their CV boots and I've had their CV boots on my car for 3 years with no problems.

mucka88

Nov 14, 2015
Might have another look then, but struggling to find correct ones for mine. As when ive searched its coming up as golf/sharan ect but for 110/150bhp.

Where as mines cupra 180. Would it matter to much. As the ones i need are the ones on last pic i posted

seatturbopower

Aug 1, 2012
birmingham
remove your driveshaft mate 1st and then check the sizes of input shaft casing they do differ go to car spares to get them,i whipped mine off thinking it was the right one but they sold me the golf 150 bhp ones :blink:

its simple to do also it cost me £122 for the drivers side but there is 2 types (replace the whole shaft to save to time messing around)

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Might have another look then, but struggling to find correct ones for mine. As when ive searched its coming up as golf/sharan ect but for 110/150bhp.

Where as mines cupra 180. Would it matter to much. As the ones i need are the ones on last pic i posted

I got one for my FR 180 last month whole shaft £85

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.