Recieved a letter re emissions today

Kempy 81

Oct 12, 2015
Hi guys, I got letter today saying my leon fr is one of the ones that needs a software update anyone received this letter said it will be done early 2016. Question is what do you think will be affected mpg etc ? as letter said they don't know what the outcome will be ie change in mpg etc.

Never2old

Jul 5, 2014
North East
Yeah received mine today,but like everything they have said before I don't think they know them selves what is going to happen yet

Looks like it explained it perfectly well, like expected 2.0cr is a software update, and the 1.6 is a device that involves mesh fitted next to your maf centre basically to restrict the flow as this calculated the air for the air and fuel mixture, which this will reduce it hence restricting power slightly and so on, haven't the letter in front of me so can't say it right but it's along those lines

Jonsyb

Subtle changes
Dec 27, 2014
n.ireland
Got letter today also I'm not too sure what to do as I personally think it's going to effect performance time will tell though

I can't understand why anyone with a mapped Leon would consider it' modded for that thought, it's obvious with it been a software update, for those who are just bothered about mpg, my mpg went up when I mapped and removed my DPF, the mpg went up yet again when I removed my rear silencer so ended up a straight through exhaust,

Jonsyb

Subtle changes
Dec 27, 2014
n.ireland
My only other concern is are they going to start testing emissions on diesels again and if you don't get update will this result in mot failure or price of road tax increasing due to higher emissions? Spoke with my local stealer and like most unable to answer at this time

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I can't understand why anyone with a mapped Leon would consider it

I'm concerned that when I come to trade my car in they will ask if the fix has been done. More so that the fix will be free through 2016 then they decide to start charging later. I plan to keep mine for another 2-3 years. But from the sounds of the letter (I received mine last night) any map will be overwritten. When they have more concrete info, I'll contact the place that did my map for advice. But yeah, I'm not interested in fuel economy or emissions, etc. I didn't even check or ask before I bought the car.

Last edited:
No point in getting the updat and having your map put back on as you are adjusting the values of the software etc if that makes sense' giving the car more fuel and so on, like I use as an example it's nothing different from a petrol cupra etc running a 3" down pipe and de cat

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
My only other concern is are they going to start testing emissions on diesels again and if you don't get update will this result in mot failure or price of road tax increasing due to higher emissions? Spoke with my local stealer and like most unable to answer at this time

only smoke opacity is checked come mot time and it'll always remain that way.

ucchockey

Mar 9, 2008
lichfield
I checked on the Seat website with my VIN....i dont have to be recalled!

Nobody has to be recalled. It's not a compulsory recall. This was stated a long time ago. If you are worried about your mpg or performance like I am then don't go for the software fix. They can't force you.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise