No indicator noise

JIM

Dec 17, 2015
Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me. We have just bought a 2007 Ibiza Sport. We have noticed when indicating there is no clicking noise as there normally is. Just wanted to know if this is right or if there is a fault? Thanks

commievid

Jan 10, 2016
Oh dear, not on these cars.

If you can see the indicators working on the outside, but can't hear them on the inside, it means the speakers got a problem.

There's a speaker on the instrument cluster that is responsible for the indicator ticking, despite usual wisdom suggesting the relay as noted.

I guess another way to check if it is the speaker is to turn the lights on, door open, engine off. Do you hear that warning buzzer?

Wife left the car lights on at work all day because the buzzer wasn't working once, so went about replacing said speaker.

It's soldered onto the dash cluster, and needs the needles and front face removed. Two points hold it onto the PCB.

I got clumsy, and I've damaged the rev counter, so am taking it to someone to get that looked at, despite actually repairing the speaker successfully it seems.

If electronics isn't a strong suit, then just search around the internet for "instrument cluster repair" as there are quite a places around, and this certainly seems to happen to a few people.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members