My Toledo wouldn't start, gone back to the dealer :(

chrisoverson

Mar 27, 2015
Hi guys, just wondered if anyone else has experienced anything similar to this or any ideas what it might be.

Car is a 2015 Toledo 1.2tsi I-Tec, approx 9,500 miles.

Symptoms: Will Start but Immediately Dies, No Multifunction Display, No Dials/Gauges, No Indicators or Wipers, Stereo, Lights and Parking Sensors Work Fine

What happened:

• Friday 11th, car had its first service, dealer drove it away and re-delivered later. Just oil and filter change and a quick wash afaik.

Car drove fine that evening.

• Saturday 12th, went to a customer in the morning, drove fine. Got back home and loaded some stuff up, put key in and turned, no response from the dashboard at all but the stereo turned on and heard the fuel pump prime. Fuel/temp gauge didn't move (car should have been hot as was only driving 5 minutes before).

Nice AA chap called Paul came out and tried all he could, disconnecting battery for a few minutes at a time, using spare key, checking fueses/connections etc but no luck.

Checked fault codes on his tablet doo-dad, came up with quite a few including "Engine Management Disabled", "No connection to Multifunction Display" (these are from memory, probably not exactly correct).

Only thing we could find, is the ECU is flapping around loose as if it's not bolted in properly. Can't see any reason anybody would need to touch this though, I know I haven't :p.

Situation now:

Car has been taken back to Croyde motors and they've sourced me a Hire Car from Exeter, but I'm just curious to see if anyone has any ideas or has experienced anything similar.

Hopefully I'll be reunited with him soon.

Cheers!

Last edited: