Drivers Rear Door

neil_1821

Jan 9, 2011
Lately I've noticed my drivers rear door refuses to open from the outside. I was wondering if it might be the locking mechanism as I'm not entierly sure what else it could be.

I can open it from the inside, then if i close it again it'll open from the outside :confused:I'm wondering if maybe something's worn. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas before I start to strip the door.

Updown789

Apr 2, 2014
Mine just started doing this on passengers rear door too, its the lock unit. Needs a new one. Not cheap but a relatively easy fix

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
This is weird as my exact same one has just stopped working too in the past 2 days!

Need to strip the door down to have a look, wouldn't care just bought a new car so this one is going the journey (if any one is interested - Facelift Cupra) so could do with fixing it at as low as price as possible.

h3dshot

Aug 25, 2015
ditto! my driver side rear has the exact same issue!

I dont have a clue about cars but my dad told me right off the bat that it will be a nackered solenoid.

Did some digging on the interweb and as a temporary fix you can:

1. open the door (from the inside)
2. hold open the door handle (from the inside)
3. with the handle held open from the inside, try and open the handle a few times from the outside
4. it should have now retightned itself and you should be able to open from the outside
5. test a couple of times to make sure it keeps its tightness.

I tried and it worked for me, however 5 days down the line and its playing up again (no one has used the driverside rear since 'fixing' it until today - I think it might have something to do with the weather :S)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise