Black Mk2 seat leon cupra,Rtech Tuned TTE420, 443bhp???

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Very nice car mate it's taken 2 days to read your thread but well worth it. Given me some inspiration for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks dude. Not updated in a long time. Made a lot of changes which I will post up in the next evening or so :)

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Hello all, time for a sizable update!

I have really neglected my readers ride thread mainly due to the quick access of mobile friendly social media sites.
This has left me with a big update to this thread, however i want to keep it short as possible. I will list my updates and photos to follow.

Exterior.
New genuine K1 front bumper added.
DIY real carbon skinned wind mirror caps.
Full machine polish and fusso applied.

Interior.
New mfd display coded and working.
console surrouds pained gloss black. 6d carbon wrap on clock surround.
Rtech rear race brace.
DIY real carbon skiined steering wheel insert. cupra sticker set inside the lacquer.
Rear view camera added into the head unit, replaces rear number plate lamp.

Engine bay and performance.
First to try out the new 42 draft design XL catch can.
forge washer bottle spout upgrade (for looks)
r8 cap and filler neck removal
ttrs calipers, fully refurbed in red (were black) aks custom brakets and braided lines
New full 3.5" downpipe with decat.
added a dual nozzle for the wmi kit
swapped the engine oil for 5/40 nano drive

new mods ready to go on

The new relentless coilover kit (aks fitting this on dec 11th)
New TTE420 hybrid turbo, extra porting added. fitting in the new yeah once i sort out fueling mods.

Thats pretty much it, 2016 looks good :)

photos to follow

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
new modifications to be fitted

The new Relentless coilover kit (i can supply these contact me by pm)

TTE420 hybrid turbo with added porting

Took delivery of this unit from TTE in germany. Quality is second to none!!!

2016 looks bright.

Not sure if it was mentioned before but i also bought a new number plate.

few photos i took today, this concludes this update, Yay

THANKS FOR READING

Last edited:

acid_ash

Feb 28, 2015
Bristol
amazing car :drool: did you need spacers to fit over the brakes? and was it much effort to fit the rear strut brace or does it just bolt in? look forward to the next updates :p

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
amazing car :drool: did you need spacers to fit over the brakes? and was it much effort to fit the rear strut brace or does it just bolt in? look forward to the next updates :p

Hey dude. I needed 3mm wheel spacers and 3mm calliper shims to get the clearance needed. I have around 2mm clearence on the spokes :)

The rear brace needs drilling and inserts fitted in order to fit. All comes with the kit.

acid_ash

Feb 28, 2015
Bristol
Hey dude. I needed 3mm wheel spacers and 3mm calliper shims to get the clearance needed. I have around 2mm clearence on the spokes :)

The rear brace needs drilling and inserts fitted in order to fit. All comes with the kit.

look really good mate did you retain the 345mm disc or are you now using the Mercedes ml 340mm disc?

Aug 6, 2009
cumbria
Very nice car Sam, the wheels suit the car very well.

I've seen the R-Tech race braces for sale just wondering if you noticed any improvements after fitting it? Was it easy enough to fit and where does it bolt on to?

Do you know if your XL catch can is bigger that the Forge catch? I can't really tell from the pictures.

Any updates on the TTE and mapping?

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Hey guys, thanks for the positive comments.

As stated above, much overdue update needed.

I will start with the TTE420 itself.
I really wanted this to be the ultimate setup and not needed to have its neck wrenched to make the power so I thought I would buy a complete porting kit. I ported the hell out the TTE and also matched the turbo outlet to my 3.5" downpipe. This is to create a super smooth transition.
I also ported the manifold runners to suit the head.

I spent a good 10 hours in total doing the porting, did such a fine finish in the end, I got the wet and dry out, topped off with polish.

Here's a few photos.

Before and after

Now for the fitting.

I fitted the Tte using axle stands and out on the road. It went very smoothly and pretty pleased with my efforts.
All new gaskets crush washers were installed

She's in :)

That's the turbo side of things done.

Last edited:

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Next up was fueling and service items.

Fuel wise, I'm using a old style mk5 pump basket with DW intank pump. 155bar fuel return valve supplied by Aks tuning. For the record Aks tuning is highly recommended by myself, service and advise is another level.

I still run the Apr hpfp.

I also changed to a usp Motorsport billet oil filter housing. Fantastic fit!

I managed to pick up a 1 day old set of revo engine mounts at a wicked price, I could not turn it down.

These fitted very well and really look the part. Bad vibration and noisy cabin for about 700 miles but now they have settled right down, hardly notice them now. A little advice to those who want them, be patient lol

That's that section covered. Next up mapping

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise