Mk2 Leon FR stereo aux Help Needed

jammy_87

Dec 26, 2015
Hi Guys/Gals,

I've recently purchased a 2007 Leon FR and am wanting top upgrade some things and fix a few.

The plan is to get FR Leathers in and an arm rest to start with.

Before I get onto that though I have an issue with the stereo I need help with. I am lucky/unlucky to have got the car with the double din Sat Nav screen headunit (looks like RNS510/MFD3 from my research). The Sat Nav works but got no bluetooth. I have the small LCD display underneath my fuel/tem guage so presume I don't have bluetooth in my car. I'll get to this later.

My main problem is that the AUX in socket does not appear to send a good signal to the stereo as I have to turn the volume up to full to get a little of my sound from my phone and plenty of hissing. I'm presuming it is connected to the headunit as I am getting something but clearly not working as it should.

Has anyone experienced this before and if so, what do I need to do to resolve this problem?

Many thanks for your help.

Kam

Updown789

Apr 2, 2014
Someone will of Retrofitted the rns 510. The fix to get the aux working involves moving some pins over in the quadlock block behind the stereo. It's not difficult, using something like a paperclip to remove the pins. The rns 510 fitting thread (stickied) gives details of how to do this.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Also worth mentioning that the volume should be maxed on the device you are using and lower on the headunit as otherwise the increased volume on the head unit degrades the sound quality loads.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members