engine management light on

bigd0205

Nov 15, 2015
Got a 13 plate leon with a 2.0 150 tdi engine. Also running a crd-t from dtuk.

Was driving back from the supermarket and the engine cut out as I was going round a corner with the clutch dipped(dropping down a gear). Manually restarted it and the glow plug light was flashing with the dash indicating a start stop error. The engine cut out again as I dipped the clutch and braked so I could reverse into my drive.

So I took out the dtuk box and I've the same error persisted. After letting the engine cool for a bit I went back out and while the start stop error had cleared the engine management light has come on and is staying solid however there is no error showing within the car status section on the dash. The car seems to be running fine and isn't in limp mode

Any ideas?

Hopefully manage to get the local dealership to have a look at it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Blaine

Apr 12, 2012
What setting have you been running on your box? If it's too high some on here have reported it puts the car into limp mood and puts up a engine management light.

bigd0205

Nov 15, 2015
What setting have you been running on your box? If it's too high some on here have reported it puts the car into limp mood and puts up a engine management light.

Think it's running 4+1. The engine hasn't went into limp mode. It literally just cut out and only when the clutch was dipped... almost as if the start stop was turning the engine off

Blaine

Apr 12, 2012
Have you had the box on long? Maybe someone else on here has had similar thing happen to them, be interested to hear what fault code comes up when you call by the dealers

bigd0205

Nov 15, 2015
Have you had the box on long? Maybe someone else on here has had similar thing happen to them, be interested to hear what fault code comes up when you call by the dealers

Start of December and it's been running just fine with it on

Blaine

Apr 12, 2012
Did you buy it new? If not maybe it needs sent back for a update, I have the later Trevor box and cars running like a dream

Brady93

Jan 28, 2014
Worcestershire
How many miles have you driven since you restarted engjne without the box?

I know my old mk4 Ibiza would still show the engine management light until I'd driven around 20-30 miles without any issues. Clearly the car just wanted to make sure everything is back on track before extinguishing the light.

No idea if the new Leons do the same though?

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
I had the same issue on Christmas eve, start stop error and engine management light as well as oil light, my car is standard. Then it seemed to be fine after i started again, on the same day, also car has just done over 350 miles, so I got Seat assist out and they reset everything but could see the errors, might of been something to do with not enough revs!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.