Keith's mk3 Ibiza *gtx28

Cupra20v

Aug 31, 2014
Aberdeenshire
So after owning my Cupra for around 18 months and it being through 3 different builds I thought it was about time I started a build thread, keep everyone updated :) I will leave the current spec here and update when I get a chance.

Engine/Transmission
Integrated engineering rods
INA top mount manifold
GTX2867R
Uprated actuator
0.86 hotside
Bosch EV14 550cc injectors
3" turbo back
Wellycooler with 2.5" pipework
3" intake system and maf
Helix 6 paddle clutch
Lightened G60 flywheel
Audi TT short shifter

Chassis/Handling
AP coilovers
Polybushed rear top mounts
Neuspeed front & rear arb
Vibratechnics fast road front and rear left engine mounts
Vibratechnics competition rear right engine mount (gearbox)
Polybushed wishbones
Front upper strut brace
Rear harness bar / brace

Brakes
Cupra R brembos

Interior
Completely stripped
Cobra evolution pro GRP seat
TRS 5 point harness
Battery relocated to behind passenger seat
Washer bottle relocated to behind driver seat

Hope you all find my thread interesting, the car is still a work in progress but it's always been kept driveable apart from this past 6 weeks, a long story I will fill you all in with when I get time,

Cupra20v

Aug 31, 2014
Aberdeenshire
Haha yeah the engine was bought off Paul :D (rae1001) think that's all that's left from you?
Don't worry, when I write my story on what the Cupra has been through (which is a lot!!) everyone that has helped in any way will get their mention and thanks ;)

Cupra20v

Aug 31, 2014
Aberdeenshire
But a HUGE thanks to Rae1001 for loaning me a car for 6 weeks while my car has been stuck on axle stands. Not much folk would do that :)

Cupra20v

Aug 31, 2014
Aberdeenshire
Slam panel was changed again I had 3 at one point. Not sure who's i'm using now, could actually be yours to be fair haha, forgot about arbs yeah I know but I keep changing things, thats why I've never started a build thread, haha

Cupra20v

Aug 31, 2014
Aberdeenshire
So,, the story so far,, this might take a few sittings as I don't get much free time :(
Anyway,
Late August 2014, I decided I wanted to buy a mk3 Cupra, it's a car I had always loved the look of and at that point in time I wasn't too fussed about performance as such.
After looking around for a while I managed to find one with 80k on the clock and 2 precious owners, one of which was a lady owners for 11 years,,, off to a good start :)
The car was completely standard, onvi yellow and was advertised for 1800, it did have the mirrors, roof and wheels painted black though, I wish I had got more photos from the early days but at the beginning I really never planned on a full on build like I've done,
Here are a couple photos from not long after I got her :)

So after a month or so, I thought it was time to do a couple little mods, I was basically wanting to hear a bit more grunt from it, so on with a open come filter, a nice difference it made but after a while the flutter from the standard old worn diverter valve started to get annoying, I decided to purchase a forge 007p, a nice difference it made, I no longer had that horrible flutter, can't believe I used to like that sound! Haha
Anyway, around this time I also did the usual bypasses, now before I got the Cupra I would be lucky if I could manage to change a battery so doing these bypasses I felt like THE best mechanic in the world! Haha
Time for more POWAAAAA :p
So I got the car booked into a garage in Aberdeen to get revo stage 1,,, what a difference! Totally transformed the car, it actually felt like it was boosting! Safe to say I was a very happy man at that point, the car made around 180bhp but felt like it was just a totally different car, these cars NEED a stage 1 map at least!!
At this point I was still running the standard exhaust system so thought it was time to upgrade, I managed to source a custom stainless steel system. 3" downpipe with sports car to 2.5" cat back,

As you can imagine it sounded sooo much nicer than the standard system! I also managed to source a forge cooler and 4bar fpr so it was time for stage 2 revo :p

The car only made 200bhp and 230ft lbs torque due to a weak actuator. Still a nice smooth power curve and soooo much quicker than standard! With all this extra power I thought it was time to get some decent coilovers on, so I ordered up a set of AP coilovers and some powerflex top mounts, unfortunately the front ones I were sent were wrong and I didn't notice until I was fitting the coilovers, all good though :) thanks to rae1001 for fitting the coilovers :) it's mad to think that a year ago I didn't know how to fit coilovers haha

And a picture of the cooler fitted :)

I was happy with the car so far though :)
I will leave it there for now and update when I get time,,, that was just the beginning :p

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members