DTUK tuning box

Mk3 Se

Dec 1, 2015
Anyone have one of these on a 1.4 ecoTSI 150?

Feeling I need a bit more grunt!

Have they done something to these engines since the early ones. Mine is a Feb/March 2013 built 140 PS SE and I have never felt like it needed any more grunt. Even fully loaded going on holiday it picks up fast in any gear and overtaking on A roads rarely (if ever) needs full throttle.

The only car I have driven that seemed as quick was a 2002 Mondeo 130 PS TDCI I owned, never used full throttle in the 3 years I had it. Tried a new one when we replaced it which was 140 PS and in comparison it was a slug.

MrP

Formentor VZ Edition
May 15, 2015
There is nothing wrong with it currently, just used to cars with more power. A bit more wouldn't go amiss :)

jpor

May 10, 2015
Cheshire
Its a pp1895

I don't know any before and after but the engine breath's better and picks up reves quicker so I would have thought there was a little bit in there, Andrew at dtuk may know more

Ummm interesting. I know a lot of tuners will swear by having a free flowing panel filter to help get the best out of a tuning process. So the DTUK boxes must have been tuned with the stock filter in mind?

matt5964

May 31, 2004
peterborough,cambridgeshire
As the filter is upstream so to speak of the dtuk the mad would send data to the ecu to adj things given the increased airflow the the dtuk would in turn enhance things further so I see no detrimental effect only positive to a free flowing filter even on a standard ecu set up.

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
Have they done something to these engines since the early ones. Mine is a Feb/March 2013 built 140 PS SE and I have never felt like it needed any more grunt. Even fully loaded going on holiday it picks up fast in any gear and overtaking on A roads rarely (if ever) needs full throttle.

The only car I have driven that seemed as quick was a 2002 Mondeo 130 PS TDCI I owned, never used full throttle in the 3 years I had it. Tried a new one when we replaced it which was 140 PS and in comparison it was a slug.

You must overtake at a leisurely pace! My father has the 150ps and I agree it is a great engine but wouldn't describe it as being particularly fast (don't even think my 184 is that quick to be honest) . Personally when overtaking I deem it safer to be on the wrong side of the least amount of time hence I would use full throttle to get past quickly. Sorry I'm going off topic from the original post.....

Mk3 Se

Dec 1, 2015
You must overtake at a leisurely pace!

Definitely not. Out, past and back in as quickly as possible, you are much safer on your side of the road. The 140 PS TSi does this brilliantly without revving the nuts off it and dropping down the box. Having been used to turbo diesels for 20 years before getting the Leon I find that the TSi is better for overtaking than any TD I have owned. The spread of torque is far better and the fact it keeps revving means there is no need for gear changes part way through a manoeuvre in most instances.

I drove another 140 TSI before I bought this one and it was exactly the same.

bigd0205

Nov 15, 2015
Looking to sell on the CRD-T and Airfilter i bought from matt5964. Its advertised in the for sale section of the forum.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
You must overtake at a leisurely pace! My father has the 150ps and I agree it is a great engine but wouldn't describe it as being particularly fast (don't even think my 184 is that quick to be honest) . Personally when overtaking I deem it safer to be on the wrong side of the least amount of time hence I would use full throttle to get past quickly. Sorry I'm going off topic from the original post.....

my 184 is very good at overtaking - surprised me.
My old E320 auto needed a bit of warning; my daughters Golf 1.4 Gt TSi140 needs some revs so a changedown is helpful.
I find the 184 manual quite rewarding - when my wife isn't on board:)

Leonmb

Dec 29, 2013
I have a DTUK tuning box for sale for a 1.4 TSI 140 MK3 only selling due to having a Cupra now.
No good to me anymore so open to offers if anyone is interested.

Leonmb

Dec 29, 2013
What engine is in the mk3 Leon? I have a new shape ibiza wth the 1.4 tsi turbo 140 bhp act. Same engine?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yeah I think it's the same engine, someone correct me if I'm wrong! If you are interested I can email Dtuk to see if it will fit your car?

Hoikey

Aug 5, 2015
Stoke
What sorta money would you be looking at before you email em mate? Drop me a pm if you want

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
I may be interested in the box. Does anyone know if DTUK reflash them? As I'll be getting a 1.4TSI Leon FR 150 soon, but obviously the box is for a 140.

They do. As long as the cable connections are the same. I had a 1.6 tdi and then upgraded to a fr184, sent the box back and they updated the software and sent back within a week

bigd0205

Nov 15, 2015
I may be interested in the box. Does anyone know if DTUK reflash them? As I'll be getting a 1.4TSI Leon FR 150 soon, but obviously the box is for a 140.

I asked this question of them recently. Was told that if the box was bought used they charge a fee of about £90 to put the different maps.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise