Clutch slip after remap help?

currie09

Mar 22, 2015
I had my car remapped around 12000 miles ago and the clutch has started to slip in 4th,5th and 6th when under quite hard acceleration. As the car builds revs and crossed 2k the revs jump and come back down and then the car goes with no slip again. Putting your foot down causes more slip so I don't bother with that as I'm trying not to damage it further till I get advice.
1st, 2nd and 3 still pull very hard and can handle full power with no slip at all.

What I'm wondering is would a standard clutch still be okay to change to as the car is now nearing 60k miles? Like will a standard clutch handle the power okay and is it just this clutch is worn out?

It is a 2011 Ibiza FR 2.0tdi and mapped to 185bhp and 310 lb ft.

The slip isn't bad yet and the bite is still reasonably near the middle/3 quarters up but is nearing the top and I have been told it is going to be £560 for new clutch + DMF.
Any advice would be great thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
The clutch will always start slipping in the higher gears as that's where it's subject to higher torque levels.

No point fitting oem clutch either,

currie09

Mar 22, 2015
The clutch will always start slipping in the higher gears as that's where it's subject to higher torque levels.

No point fitting oem clutch either,

So uprated clutch is the way then?
It wasn't slipping till about 3000 miles ago and was fine before the remap

Last edited:

Paddy

Devil's advocate!
Jun 30, 2014
Glasgow
Go for an uprated clutch mate. If you go for an oem setup again, it won't be long before that goes too.

currie09

Mar 22, 2015
Go for an uprated clutch mate. If you go for an oem setup again, it won't be long before that goes too.

Decided to go for the uprated clutch, car goes in on Wednesday.
Was supposed to be £800 for clutch kit, concentric cylinder and DMF but my mechanics managed to get it for £570 so saving a bit of money.
Can't wait to get my car back to its full potential.
(Mechanic is a family friend and works in a garage so explains discount )

currie09

Mar 22, 2015
Just a update, was only a OEM Sachs clutch that was fitted but completely solved the problem, my mate and the guy who remapped it couldn't see why the original clutch couldn't handle the power but the new one can!
Strange situation but all is solved now!