Gearbox? Gear Linkages?

V22 LOO

Jan 2, 2016
Hello everybody..

Done a bit of research but cant find anything on this

The other day I was driving, went from second to third gear and all of a sudden the gears became very stiff.. I struggled to get it home, every gear felt very hard to get into, reverse was the same, but once I put it in reverse, I had to 'yank' it out because it felt like it was jammed...

Had a look under the bonnet, and the selector on top of the gearbox seems fine but the linkages/cables are very tight..

I also removed the two cables and manually selected gears on top of the gearbox and it seems fine, cycles through gears with no real effort?

I have a forge quickshift fitted and have done for about a month, never had any problems, could this have something to do with it?

Hope someone can help me out
Thanks in advance

sports racer

Jan 4, 2016
Australia
Check at the gearbox end that they don't bind in any way. Probably easier if you have someone inside the car work the gears and you look to see what's happening at the gearbox. You may also need to check the cables at the gearshift don't have anything restricting movement.

Also check that the cables are adjusted correctly. Sounds like one may be too long or too short and not allowing the selector to disengage the gear fully.

Cheers

Paul

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members