CR170 fault code p2009

eande2

Sep 28, 2009
Emission control light on intermittently over past day or so, car driving ok, generic code reader gives fault code p2009.
Can't find a lot of info on this code, but seems to be either inlet manifold itself or electrical fault to the manifold.

Did a brief check of fuses in the engine bay today, and couldn't see any one obviously gone - do any of you know which fuse is related to the inlet manifold?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi mate, can't help you with the fuse thing, but have a look at this thread about the same code. http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?1071-2009-VW-Jetta-Wagon-Intake-Manifold-Issue

Have a look at the pics halfway down the page and you can see how much carbon build up there was on his intake manifold flap/valve. I'm not an expert on mk2 but yours could well need cleaning the same.

Edit: scanning with vagcom would probably give you a better more specific code.

Last edited:

eande2

Sep 28, 2009
Thanks for the replies.
Mty12345 - I'll have a read of that, I took the 10A fuses out, gave the connectors a clean and emissions light has gone out (for now).

Unit9 - I got my dad to bring his Tiguan to you before Xmas to have the inlet manifold changed, so may bring mine in if it starts playing up again (though I think he was getting fault code p2004 at the time).
Have a 90k (minor) service due in a month or so - what would you charge (longlife oil, OEM parts) pm if you prefer.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.