Cylinder head

rogerw86

Oct 14, 2011
swindon
Hello I have a 2004 LCR 225 I burnt a valve so had them changed along with head gasket, water pump, cam belt, plugs, head bolts etc then it start going though water again! So took it back said he though head gasket looked liked it may have failed so went to put new one on but no fault on gasket but put new one on anyway an got told that if it goes again would mean that the head might be cracked. Now I'm back to stage 1 missing firing on cylinder 3 again sucking the paper into the exhaust if you hold a piece near it so looks like I have burnt a valve again. So my question is I have been offered a cheap LCR 210 an I want to know would I be able to just swap the cylinder head over between that one and my bam225?

Thank you for reading sorry about bad punctuation. And thank you for any advice or help

rogerw86

Oct 14, 2011
swindon
I know I got told because I have a de cat and a badge 5 tip an open cone filter it had messed to much with the mixture. But I find it strange that it would burn a valve out in the same cylinder twice and within 2k miles?

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
If you remap was done after these mods then the fueling shouldn't be an issue should it?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I know I got told because I have a de cat and a badge 5 tip an open cone filter it had messed to much with the mixture. But I find it strange that it would burn a valve out in the same cylinder twice and within 2k miles?

that would be bollox of course.
your ecu has closed loop fuel control so will maintain its requested fueling..
unless you have other issues like weak fuel pump, low fuel pressure for example... but that should throw a code for lean running..

BAM/AMK engines are more prone to cracks developing between the exhaust valve seats.. Consequence imho of the factory mapping running them very lean/hot relying on egt protection to save the day (which at 920'c before it starts to fuel dump) is already too late.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Find a decent garage who actually know what they are talking about. Some garages are fine for doing brake pads or a service etc, but when it comes to even the most basic thing with an engine they haven't got a clue.

They are obviously a touch retarded as there's no way that those mods can make your car run lean for the reason bill says above. Add to that the fact that they stripped your head, found no problem with the gasket, so just put a new gasket on and put it back together!?!? WTF, like Dan says, why wouldn't you pressure test the head while it was out?? Even more so if they stripped it down twice.

Ffs don't let them do the cylinder head swap for you mate.... you'll end up bleeding to death from your ass.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.