seat erwin

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I've got a login for it, but you have to purchase things to be able to use them.

Last edited:

BackSeatDriver

Jan 9, 2016
Co. Wicklow.
@Deano Can you point me to a decent ELSAWIN copy on eBay? I'm finding plenty on there but I've had no replies from sellers when I ask if they work with Win 10. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK

BackSeatDriver

Jan 9, 2016
Co. Wicklow.
Cheers, guys. I've messaged a few adds with that kind of format the last two days with no replies. I suppose I'm trying to avoid waiting around a few days for a bunch of discs I can't use. I'd prefer to find a source I could trust. I'll try find that seller, Deano, thanks.

Really surprised at the lack of step-by-step resources available. Seriously thinking about filming each procedure I go through just to to get some info out there for the competent enthusiastic novice, which is all I'd rate myself as with these cars. Whatever about the lack of manuals etc, it's rare for me to draw a blank on YouTube but there's sweet f.a. to be found there. Doesn't help that 'seat' is a common noun and Erwin is both a common name in the states and a popular enterprise database application. Talk about irrelevant search results!

So I'm beginning to think it might be worth paying for 24 hours on erWin to copy down as much as I can. The problem there is that despite finding plenty who recommend the site I've yet to find any practical info about what to expect there - which means wasting valuable time working out how to copy down useful information. I presume you can't just download the info direct. The flat rate gives you 'printing rights' only. Fingers crossed I can print to pdf, which is an option on win 10, because I haven't had a printer in years!

andy_l

Dec 22, 2013
Cheers, guys. I've messaged a few adds with that kind of format the last two days with no replies. I suppose I'm trying to avoid waiting around a few days for a bunch of discs I can't use. I'd prefer to find a source I could trust. I'll try find that seller, Deano, thanks.

Really surprised at the lack of step-by-step resources available. Seriously thinking about filming each procedure I go through just to to get some info out there for the competent enthusiastic novice, which is all I'd rate myself as with these cars. Whatever about the lack of manuals etc, it's rare for me to draw a blank on YouTube but there's sweet f.a. to be found there. Doesn't help that 'seat' is a common noun and Erwin is both a common name in the states and a popular enterprise database application. Talk about irrelevant search results!

So I'm beginning to think it might be worth paying for 24 hours on erWin to copy down as much as I can. The problem there is that despite finding plenty who recommend the site I've yet to find any practical info about what to expect there - which means wasting valuable time working out how to copy down useful information. I presume you can't just download the info direct. The flat rate gives you 'printing rights' only. Fingers crossed I can print to pdf, which is an option on win 10, because I haven't had a printer in years!

I've used ErWin on a number of occasions to legitimately access workshop information. Its a bit of a navigational mess - definitely a learning curve to figure out where everything is. But basically you can find there:

- Vehicle specific information (essentially the build summary sheet)
- Basic maintenance manual
- Full workshop and repair manual, split into topics such as Body, Electrical, Running Gear etc.
- Access to the workshop system, where you can see some TPI type information but annoyingly not Service Campaigns
- On the VW and Audi ErWin sites you also get access to the Self Study Programmes (SSP's)

The workshop manuals are filtered by vehicle model but not by VIN, so have your engine and gearbox codes to hand so you can work out which manuals are relevant. Bear in mind that if you purchase ErWin access, it is per brand - you can't use a SEAT login on the VW site for instance.

I found using Internet Explorer in compatibility mode worked best, especially for access to the workshop system. And finally, you can save the PDF's directly with no restrictions.

HTH,

Andy

BackSeatDriver

Jan 9, 2016
Co. Wicklow.
Thanks a million, Andy! That makes it much more viable, despite the navigation business. I'm not a mod bod, I'm just trying to get my runaround into good order and keep it that way. Knowing what I don't have to worry about will leave me plenty of time to find what I am after, and that's basically a workshop manual for my own specific model. That's better than you'd get from a traditional Haynes any day.

A bunch of pdf's sounds more appealing than setting up a virtual PC and clogging up my hard drive with Gigs worth of unnecessary data. I just didn't want to go in blind like it was bleedin' supermarket sweep!

That's my night sorted. Well, apart from installing IE, that is. yuck. ;¬)

Dave

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members