Indicators

john doe

Sep 11, 2009
Hi,

You guys/girls seen this and how to do it?
(oh, I can't post URLs yet.)
Search for "Seat Leon 5f dynamischer Blinker / Lauflicht Blinker Prototyp sequential turn signal" on youtube.

I just want it!

If anyone got the VCDS for this, just bring it on!

philhoward

Aug 17, 2015
Seems to be enabled on certain Audis..I've followed a few now that do this (Q5, A4 and possibly an A3). Bit of a rare sight though..

...an Audi using its indicators ;)

Deleted member 98136

What about the video (part2) where it changes colour!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That, surely would be illegal in the UK due to the flashing blue part.

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
Actually comes as standard on a lot of new Audi's now. Think they call it dynamic indicators or something.

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
They must've replaced the LEDs with a customizable LED strip.

Citroens have them as well.

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
a friend of mine has a 65 plate golf GTD and has had the dynamic rear indicator function activated by someone with just the VAG-COM.

surely it is doable on a 66 plate leon like mine?

Smithcd

Apr 8, 2017
The wing mirrors have a new pcb and strip. As Nokia said... Rear indicators aren't an option on 5f with the type of indicator.

I personally don't like the new dynamic lighting, I find it too fussy and distracting.

Last edited:

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
The wing mirrors have a new pcb and strip. As Nokia said... Rear indicators aren't an option on 5f with the type of indicator.

I personally don't like the new dynamic lighting, I find it too fussy and distracting.

Indeed, the whole point of LED indicators is you get a nice, clear, bright flash. Trying to fancy it up with sequential flash patterns just makes them less noticeable.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Seems to be enabled on certain Audis..I've followed a few now that do this (Q5, A4 and possibly an A3). Bit of a rare sight though..

...an Audi using its indicators ;)

What? Your confusing Audis for BMWs! I drive an S4 but I don't claim to be a proper Audi driver - ie I don't deliberately force my way through in risky situations - but I do agree that most proper Audi drivers do, I see more of that when driving my wife's Polo!

Also, quite a few newer trucks and buses now have dynamic indicators, which, I believe, is not exactly the way that the UK transport rules outline that they should operate, but I suppose no one will get stopped as its only UK that is dragging its nationalistic feet over bothering to make changes to regs.

Actually I and others find that not bothering to use indicators can be a regional thing, I live near Edinburgh and it seems most "savvy" motorists near Edinburgh know where they are going - so no indicators get used!!

Edit:- oh, my bad, that was a very late response to that posting, very very very late!!

Reactions: Lozzy15

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
I don't see why they wouldn't fit. They look identical to the ones on aliexpress that state they fit both the Leon and the Arona:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32983786392.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.57304c4doH0dZm

My thought too. Mate just bought a nearly new 19 plate ST 4 drive and when I showed him what I had planned, he fancied them too. The newer style indicators still flash at the same rate so I cannot see an issue, but if the pop off easier enough, not too difficult to check! Ta

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise