Welly cooler

This is everything you need,its really easy and the only thing missing is the brackets but even that is easy enough.

600mm x 300mm x 76mm core

X2. 76-63 45 degree silicone.

X2. 63mm 90 degree silicone.

X2. 63mm 45 degree silicone.

X1 200mm straight 63mm silicone

X5, 63mm x 100 alloy joiners.

X1 63-64mm bayonet couple

I would go with that kit popov has posted above as there is a lot less silicone used plus i have since changed my setup to the one i have posted above to get rid of the use of so many silicone pipes and had a load of ally pipes welded in had this kit been about when i did mine i would have bought that kit.

Loonyliam9

May 28, 2013
As far as I know no . It mounts behind the slam panel. You may have to trim the bar down. And make your own brackets

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Do you have to loose the air con? As doesn't it mount to the original cooler?

Air con can stay. Air con and coolant rad screw/bolt to the standard intercooler, so you will either need to leave this in place, or smash our the core and just use the end tanks as brackets

You will need to mount it in front of the A/C rad but behind the crash bar, and some trimming of the crash bar is to be expected.

JoshCupraR

Nov 6, 2015
Holywell, Flintshire
Air con can stay. Air con and coolant rad screw/bolt to the standard intercooler, so you will either need to leave this in place, or smash our the core and just use the end tanks as brackets

You will need to mount it in front of the A/C rad but behind the crash bar, and some trimming of the crash bar is to be expected.

Okay that's what I was after, not into loosing the air con myself as it might put buyers off if I come to sell in future. Do you know how much the standard intercooler weighs? Wouldn't want to add too much weight to the car.

I know about the crash bar cutting but would it not have an effect on insurance if you were ever to have an accident?

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Standard cooler is less than 5kg, you won't be adding that much with a welly and the gains far outweigh the increased weight which you'll never notice. The direct fit coolers (THS, cheap china etc.) weigh up to around 15kg and are still more than worth the weight increase

As for cutting the crashbar - yes it will weaken the crash structure - but as for affecing an insurance payout - who knows? Ask your insurer if you're that concerned

JoshCupraR

Nov 6, 2015
Holywell, Flintshire
Okay mate do these wellycoolers outperfom the ths and China coolers?

Will ask my insurance about it ye although I don't plan on crashing any time soon, has anyone been known to add any form of strengthening to the crash bar once it's been

Aug 1, 2012
Riga, Latvia
I have welly cooler fited myself and I cut a lot of crashbar.
I am considering to weld additional 90 deg plates on crashhbar "weak points"

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.