Newbie to the leon!

Paulyb92

Jan 8, 2013
Middlesbrough
Hello! Im not new to the forum, i used to own a mk5 ibiza 1.2 tsi fr and have now got rid and got myself a mk3 leon 2.0 tdi fr (184) ... I never left my ibiza untouched and i wont be stopping now haha! Just ordered some wind deflectors, gloss black vinyl wrap to wrap around the front number plate and lower lip... Will be getting the alloys powdercoated either satin black or gloss black. Guna order a tailgate spoiler and order the back bumper with the rear twin exhaust exit and get a stainless steel cat back to go with it... Looking for a decent induction kit if anyone can recomend any? Not sure which websites to go on and look at so any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Welcome to the 184 club! Sounds like a good list of mods. What colour is your Leon? As far as induction kit goes, apparently a diesel is better off with a panel filter than a full induction kit. So I've heard.

Paulyb92

Jan 8, 2013
Middlesbrough
Hello mate thanks for the reply :) ive got a white 5 door model with tech pack and rear tinted glass. Ohh right i see... So K&N then for a pannel filter? Forgot to mention in my mods that ill be getting a remap too haha!

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Nice one. And I'll be getting a Pipercross one as I've heard good things about them. I've had my roof, mirrors, grill surround, number plate backing and lower lip wrapped. Also rear windows tinted. And added a TRC splitter. A Rieger diffuser with a custom cat back twin exit exhaust. And a DTUK tuning box.

Paulyb92

Jan 8, 2013
Middlesbrough
Nice one. And I'll be getting a Pipercross one as I've heard good things about them. I've had my roof, mirrors, grill surround, number plate backing and lower lip wrapped. Also rear windows tinted. And added a TRC splitter. A Rieger diffuser with a custom cat back twin exit exhaust. And a DTUK tuning box.

Nice mate! Do u have any pics? ... Which exhaust did u go for like company? Whats the rieger diffuser? That may be a cheaper option for me rather than buying the full back bumper. Also what power are u putting down with the tuning box?

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Nice mate! Do u have any pics? ... Which exhaust did u go for like company? Whats the rieger diffuser? That may be a cheaper option for me rather than buying the full back bumper. Also what power are u putting down with the tuning box?

92965606c63961b5860d128c90099c5e.jpg
f4206c6cf7d7bb057b0c499fa820d5bd.jpg
I went to EMP Performance in St. Albans. The diffuser cost £150 from Rieger. And the box gives it 240hp and 500Nm torque

Paulyb92

Jan 8, 2013
Middlesbrough
92965606c63961b5860d128c90099c5e.jpg
f4206c6cf7d7bb057b0c499fa820d5bd.jpg
I went to EMP Performance in St. Albans. The diffuser cost £150 from Rieger. And the box gives it 240hp and 500Nm torque

Cars beautiful mate!... Thanks for that think ill have a look at that diffuser. Is the tuning box actually decent tho mate? Only reason i ask is because i got one before for my 1.2tsi and it was really bad. Had bad turbo lag and kept jumping...

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Cars beautiful mate!... Thanks for that think ill have a look at that diffuser. Is the tuning box actually decent tho mate? Only reason i ask is because i got one before for my 1.2tsi and it was really bad. Had bad turbo lag and kept jumping...

Cheers pal. There's loads of people on here that use the same box as me that will have nothing but good to say. Then there's people who have never had one and love to slag them off. Then there's one guy who's had one and had problems but he probably just had a dodgy motor. DTUK aren't a cheap eBay fake. They are properly made. And the maps are made by Shark Performance as they work closely together. These tuning boxes pretty much diminish turbo lag. The power is there all the time! And the throttle response is great. Also since having it I gain an extra 100 miles per tank.

Paulyb92

Jan 8, 2013
Middlesbrough
Cheers pal. There's loads of people on here that use the same box as me that will have nothing but good to say. Then there's people who have never had one and love to slag them off. Then there's one guy who's had one and had problems but he probably just had a dodgy motor. DTUK aren't a cheap eBay fake. They are properly made. And the maps are made by Shark Performance as they work closely together. These tuning boxes pretty much diminish turbo lag. The power is there all the time! And the throttle response is great. Also since having it I gain an extra 100 miles per tank.

Think ill order one then and give it a go, i have heard good things about the dtuk systems.... Do you have a link to the rieger diffuser please mate? Really like it the more and more i look at it!

hutchy14

Dec 30, 2013
+1 on the Rieger parts! The quality of their stuff is great and comes with a good price. I have a Leon 280 and bought a front splitter from them!

89242f979d6d1b58e10c601f8dec5e37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.

what setting are you running on the box?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.