My little track project

tater84

Sep 4, 2006
I purchased a little Seat Ibiza 6k GT a few months ago (apparently the only one left still taxed in the UK according to how many left)

Anyway its a little 1.8 16v 129hp N/A petrol and i purchased it cause it was cheap and i wanted something to work on over the winter.

Same lady owner for the past 17 years, had a good MOT on it and it ran well (160k)

Body was actually not too bad.

Sanded back to bare metal and fixed any rot spots (actually not many)

Primed the body and then sprayed her matte black.

Rear suspension was sagging so replaced with coilovers all round and any bushes as I went.

Next up was the interior, so removed it all and fitted an old Kevlar seat (only 3 kg) and got a subframe built for it as well.

got a cheap ebay wheel (lovely) and a MOMO boss so removed the airbags and went about getting that in. (adding the wheel must have added 25 hp)... in my head

Most recently the cage went in, got it build by a small company in Darlington and could not be happier with it :)

After that i plumbed in an extinguisher as well.

She is currently up on stands in my garage getting all undersealed and then its back on the road.

This is my 4th Ibiza and i think she is fab....

tater84

Sep 4, 2006
I see a few of the 2.0 16v floating about, but not the older ones like this one.

According to info online there was only 14 of them made with the 1800

I prefer the 1800 gearing to be fair, but the 2.0 definitely has more grunt.

This is nice and light though which is always a bonus

tater84

Sep 4, 2006
got lots of pics.

Currently got the bonnet off to do some idea with rust and the punisher logo.... will see how that works out

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise