What did you and your MK2 do today?

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Yeah I'll just remove mine also mate,some people say it works as insulation but never hear people who run the box complain about issues.

I had just the box on my last one and it was sound, think I got a few quid for the fabric case on ebay as well haha
Much better now with the new battery in, next job front passenger door lock... it never ends!

Also caught my TRC front splitter on a kerb [:@] will assess damage in the morning :cry:

Rob

Nov 19, 2015
Technically not today but last Wednesday my car went in for chain rattle and rattles between revs. Turns out today it's getting a new chain and turbo! In the meantime I'm enjoying putting miles on a city go Monte Carlo instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Collected mine from the p.o this morning, I might try and add a little colour to the lid......

Did you remove the battery to install it ?

Yes, but I was replacing the battery at the same time. I think it would be awkward to fit without removing the battery

Rob

Nov 19, 2015
ive learned a lot, nothing you can do but get it put back to how it is, once over I would have been thrown hammers etc, but doesn't get you anywhere or fix the problem

I know what you mean, I'm used to the ex wife loosing mirrors etc lol

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
ive learned a lot, nothing you can do but get it put back to how it is, once over I would have been thrown hammers etc, but doesn't get you anywhere or fix the problem

Too true, few weeks back the other half hit a kerb and kerbed one of my alloys...... Poor girl came home in tears! I thought something was seriously wrong!:rofl:

Few years ago i probably would have gone nuts, now i'm thankful that nobody is hurt

On a separate note, i finally got my TRC rear diffuser this morning and fitted with it.... Well happy :D

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
It's true, there is no point getting angry especially at loved ones. My wife rolled into the car in front in traffic once, no harm done or damage but 2 years later the scum in the other car claimed £6500 in compensation. Insurance fought it off but eventually paid out.

At no point did I feel any anger towards to missus, these things happen. The anger was reserved the claimants but again, it was wasted energy.

Last edited:

Never2old

Jul 5, 2014
North East
It's true, there is no point getting angry especially at loved ones. My wife rolled into the car in front in traffic once, no harm done or damage but 2 years later the scum in the other car claimed £6500 in compensation. Insurance fought it off but eventually paid out.

At no point did I feel any anger towards to missus, these things happen. The anger was reserved the claimants but again, it was wasted energy.

This is why all our insurance,s are sky high with companys and individuals who want a quick buck, hopefully one day this will all stop

Too true, few weeks back the other half hit a kerb and kerbed one of my alloys...... Poor girl came home in tears! I thought something was seriously wrong!:rofl:

Few years ago i probably would have gone nuts, now i'm thankful that nobody is hurt

On a separate note, i finally got my TRC rear diffuser this morning and fitted with it.... Well happy :D
get some pics of fit fitted' we all like pics

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
My Wife come home once saying I've Jeeves my wheel and it's got a puncture. So I went to have a look thinking I'll change the tyre then get the puncture fixed. Lol looked at it and she'd destroyed the wheel bless her. and thought yep that's not going to hold any air in :D

Today got the rear bumper repaired.

12645236_1166165116728987_310680130609311826_n_zpspkyasvpa.jpg

whilst there where on. got them to do the number plate plinth gloss black

12647228_1166165033395662_5533840287725495328_n_zpsoay8rfwb.jpg

just need to get a cupra r grill now for the black surround rather than chrome

Rob

Nov 19, 2015
Nice job on the bumper! Was it expensive to do? I have a deep door ding to sort

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.