Audi 2.0tfsi engine oil burning issue same for seat?

RSBUBBA

Nov 6, 2014
Hi all, so I've been searching the web to find answers to my cars bad idle and come across an article on how Audi are helping owners as they have issues with the 2.0tfsi engine burning a litre of oil every 1000 miles or less.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-2015-ongoing-thread-2009-2011-models.237270/

I know there's many seat owners with the same problem does any one know if seat are doing this aswell?

I know a few Audi tech who say our engine is not affected but I'm not sure I believe that and wonder if any one has asked the question to Seat already.

Dorny

Feb 23, 2015
Its mostly affecting certain audi engines, this doesn't apply to seat,vw and skoda etc. All TFSI engines will loose abit of oil, they are well known problem. What these certain audi tfsi engines were really bad.

zak

Feb 2, 2012
london
Just yesterday i had to top mine by a litre after i had done so only just over a month ago. i was going to open a thread to get opinions but luckily found this.
iv not owned a TSI engine before so i was a bit surprised with how often it needed to be topped.....

i will look into the Audi forum to see any solutions out there.

zak

Feb 2, 2012
london
just called my local Seat Dealer who said it wont be covered under warranty and that i am better off returning it to the dealers i bought it off....
Im having the top up every 1100 miles or so issue and my exhaust tip has blackened significantly too.
:(

OldManPooley

Jul 9, 2015
just called my local Seat Dealer who said it wont be covered under warranty and that i am better off returning it to the dealers i bought it off....
Im having the top up every 1100 miles or so issue and my exhaust tip has blackened significantly too.
:(

1 litre every 1000 miles is getting on to being unacceptable but the black tailpipes are normal. mine uses not much oil but the exhaust tips are black after a few days.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Handbook states 0.5 L per 1000 km (620 miles) is "normal"

In the real world, almost a litre of oil per 1000 miles should certainly not be considered "normal", if you're having to top up more than a litre between services then something is fundamentally wrong IMO.

zak

Feb 2, 2012
london
1 litre every 1000 miles is getting on to being unacceptable but the black tailpipes are normal. mine uses not much oil but the exhaust tips are black after a few days.

will be getting some exhaust polish to work its magic in that case. my diesel tips use to look so good.

zak

Feb 2, 2012
london
at least im not too stressed out now i can tell webuyanycar to sit back down. :D even though 1L/ 1000miles isn't ideal ill have to live with it i guess.