Cupra 1.9 fr tdi performance

Nigel-fr-tdi

Jan 24, 2016
Hi,

I am new to the cupra club I brought a 1.9tdi fr cupra today and I love it I just wanted to know what mods I can do to make the performance abit better on it as far as I'm aware it is standard besides having a milltek exhaust system and a decat but what else can I do I don't want to go crazy still want it to be realiable I was thinks the 200bhp mark.

Sorry once again I'm new so don't know if I'm posting in the correct section

Thanks

T J Hooker

May 25, 2015
If its got an exhaust already then look at air intakes before heading for a remap. Don't forget brake upgrades go hand in hand with performance upgrades. Also make sure it's 100% serviced and if these have egr's that it's clean etc

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nigel-fr-tdi

Jan 24, 2016
Hi Yh I was thinking anoint getting a induction kit but not sure on which ones are good and it's got Brembo brake discs and pads already besides that what other mods would help with performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T J Hooker

May 25, 2015
Injectors, hybrid turbo etc. Money is the limit, not options

Last edited:

Nigel-fr-tdi

Jan 24, 2016
Ohh okay then so what induction kits are good I'm not really looking to go in that much depth into the engine with injectors I only want to reach 200bhp and I will be happy

T J Hooker

May 25, 2015
You'd need a better opinion from a fellow diesel head. I'm more knowledgeable on the petrol engines

Nigel-fr-tdi

Jan 24, 2016
Okay thanks is there any others I was looking around the £180 mark and under really really

T J Hooker

May 25, 2015
See what other people think but it's not a part you want to skimp on as it'll defeat the purpose

Nigel-fr-tdi

Jan 24, 2016
Yhhh I understand I was looking at the bmc ones they are around £200

Sep 29, 2008
Bradford
Best value for money is an S2000 air filter from Euro carparts or GSF, can pick them up for anything between 12-20 notes, remove the airbox and slip it straight on to the MAF, doesn't even need a jubilee clip as it's that tight but i fitted one just so it looked secure, various colors of filter available as well.

Tuning:
Anything after a stage 1 remap will start giving you intercooler pipe problems, standard turbo is good for approx 190BHP but anything more and its pushing the safe limits and reducing life expectancy.

So, if a stage 1 map is all you're going for it will be the cheapest upgrade available but if you then decide to go for more power it will cost a lot more, Intercooler plus piping, Hybrid turbo and clutch can see 250BHP but will set you back around £2500...

or you can go the GTB route and injectors but thats a couple of grand more but can see 290 ish...

Nigel-fr-tdi

Jan 24, 2016
Ohh okay thanks so have you got a tdi with the s2000 induction aswell then and Yh I have looked into it a little bit and i was only looking to get mine to 200bhp didn't want anymore then that

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.