From Cupra R to R32

gtchucker09

Feb 28, 2015
Hello all,

I have been a member on this forum for around 1 year as that was when I bought my Leon Cupra R.

During that time I have had countless little niggles with the Cupra R from rattles to clutch issues and I have found this forum an absolute godsend. I've tackled all the problems I've had with my Cupra R and even refurbed the steering wheel using this forum although on some occasions I used a local mobile mechanic because of time and tooling issues.

I am now on the hunt for a Golf R32 2006 - 2008 plate with leather Recaros, DSG, 5 Doors and hopefully that nice blue they do as I used to have a Scirocco GT TDI that was this colour.

Does anyone have any experience with the R32, things to look out for when buying and any advice on how I could expect life to be with the R32 as opposed to the Cupra R.

Navas19

Feb 2, 2016
:)Can't imagine too many here will approve moving to the R32 haha. Good luck with the search

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
Have a look for ' murderedlcr' on here . Certainly knows his stuff on the r32 . He went from the Lcr to the golf .
Good luck with r32 . I've always liked them .

seatturbopower

Aug 1, 2012
birmingham
why not look around for the seat leon cupra with the v6 in it :bleh: but there rare but seat got rid of them for a reason :( mate i knew had a clio v6 that was nice,even taken me around the ring in it[B)]

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
Just turbo charge it . Would imagine it would cost a bit , but would also imagine , you would be like a Cheshire Cat !
I've had golfs in the past and admit I've always liked them - hence stayed in the vag group .
Would be a difficult choice I must say , but if you fancied a change and had a bit of spare cash to spend on one then you have made a good choice .

myfirstseat

Apr 11, 2015
Perth, Scotland
I'd be tempted to try and get hold of a 2.8 vr6 "Cupra4" Don't think they did them in this country but it would sound amazing and have 4 wheel drive.. I know the R32 has all wheel drive also but the cupra4 would just be different and a bit unique.

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
I'd be tempted to try and get hold of a "Cupra4" Don't think they did them in this country but it would sound amazing and have 4 wheel drive.. I know the R32 has all wheel drive also but the cupra4 would just be different and a bit unique.

Don't think I've seen or even heard of one in the uk

seatturbopower

Aug 1, 2012
birmingham
I'd be tempted to try and get hold of a 2.8 vr6 "Cupra4" Don't think they did them in this country but it would sound amazing and have 4 wheel drive.. I know the R32 has all wheel drive also but the cupra4 would just be different and a bit unique.

yeah they did do them, but SEAT basically said that it was a bit slower and heavier and cost more to run due to the petrol cost and compared to the turbo models they ditched that idea it was abit pointless but at the same time [B)]
but they made very few of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWtNJ2h5P4U

or if you like abit extra......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZvcQ27aWmw

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2009
I own both 1M LCR and Mk5 R32, both have handling mods etc and the R32 is a very nice drive including the sound note.

My Leon is 280hp and brings a smile to my face when the boost comes in, the R32 is 262hp and has power from very low in the rev range and does go well.

Id love to have my R32 boosted though!